• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Len Wiseman to Direct The Mummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
First Mummy is the 2nd best Indiana Jones film!

2nd film hit all the shitty tropes. Lets add in a kid. Suddenly has a secret past. Redo many of the former pieces/jokes. etc. Though I still had fun watching it.

I can't remember a damn thing from the 3rd film.

DO NOT WANT! Please stop the reboots. Give us something original please!

And for the folks wondering why we are getting this:
Loss-of-Originality-STATS8.gif

The people have voted... with their wallets! :(

DjRoomba

Banned
Well thats kind of misrepresentitve. Sure top box office films were sequels, doesnt mean people demand the concept of sequel, it indicates people enjoyed the original premise of the first one, more willing to make sequel a bigger success.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
We don't need a fucking reboot, make some new ip.

Replicant

The original was fine except for Brendan Fraser. The sequel was meh.

If only Len Wiseman is a better director I'd have been excited for this reboot. But we all know he'd go ala Paul Anderson in casting his wife as one of the characters.

t-ramp

If only Len Wiseman is a better director I'd have been excited for this reboot. But we all know he'd go ala Paul Anderson in casting his wife as one of the characters.
Nah, Brendan Fraser was great. I love The Mummy.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA? He was awesome.

rick-o-connell-rick-oecq6q.jpg

Damn, the first movie was so good. I wish there were more movies like this. Great actors, great chemistry, good storyline, good villain, good blend of horror and adventure, it was my perfect movie. I never get tired of it.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA? He was awesome.

rick-o-connell-rick-oecq6q.jpg

Damn, the first movie was so good. I wish there were more movies like this. Great actors, great chemistry, good storyline, good villain, good blend of horror and adventure, it was my perfect movie. I never get tired of it.

Agreed, it's one of my favorites. The desert-y colors are one of my favorite aspects.

Personally, I put it in the same category with Independence Day of just good movies that are entertaining even after many re-watches. Not Academy Award stuff, but still awesome.

And I love Brendan Fraser.

McNei1y

The first Mummy was one of my favorite movies when I was younger. It still is awesome! This is just weird as shit.

Also, rebooting Van Helsing? I liked that movie too.

gabbo

I'm always happy to see Universal try and bring back their old Monsters in new films, even if it's been more miss than hit lately (Wolfman was half a good movie).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom