• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LET IT DIE comes to PC in Sep. 26th , crazy specs requirements revealed

kinjx11

Banned
Let-It-Die_2016_11-08-16_011.jpg

just remember people that this is a DX9 game

LET IT DIE Official PC System Requirements

MINIMUM:

OS: Windows® 7 64-bit /Windows® 8.1 64-bit /Windows® 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 4700 or higher
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 or higher
DirectX: Version 9.0
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 40 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9-compliant sound device
Additional Notes: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system, 1280×720 or greater display resolution.

RECOMMENDED:

OS: Windows® 7 64-bit /Windows® 8.1 64-bit /Windows® 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 7700 or higher
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 or higher
DirectX: Version 9.0
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 40 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9-compliant sound device

Additional Notes: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system, 1280×720 or greater display resolution.

Nydus

What the actual fuck?!?!

Furthermore the game looked not good on PlayStation. So maybe they just emulate the damn thing? o_O

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
I know what you mean, but it's not like the D3D version really has anything to do with how demanding it is.

You could make a D3D9 game that rendered objects with 2 billion triangles each, for example.

kinjx11

Banned
I know what you mean, but it's not like the D3D version really has anything to do with how demanding it is.

You could make a D3D9 game that rendered objects with 2 billion triangles each, for example.

the lighting engine and shadowing would be outdated in this game no matter how hard they try which makes me wonder why GTX 1080 is recommended ?!!

Grinchy

Banned
They're really just making sure that the people who download it have enough money to pay for death metals.

JimboJones

I mean it doesn't really suprise me that this is from Grasshopper, they seem to struggle with the technical side of things.

Shifty

It's possible that their devs just said "well we recommend the best because that's what we're porting on" or somesuch.

the lighting engine and shadowing would be outdated in this game no matter how hard they try which makes me wonder why GTX 1080 is recommended ?!!
Eh, certain low-level features are missing from 9 in comparison to 11 but programmable shaders mean you can get by with the lower version and still make it look fine. Could be that those extra features weren't needed based on the way they implemented the console version.

Wild spec requirements regardless though...

Flapples

was actually waiting for this game to come to PC cause im shit with a controller. I doubt my 1050 could compete with a 1080 so nevermind....

I've been playing this port on and off for the past few weeks and it's as addictive as ever. Grindy as ever as well. However, the keybinds aren't that great, so I've been sticking to controller.
Seems to have a decent sized audience as well so far - been getting invaded as much as I did on PS4 back when it launched.

As for performance, the only issue I had was during the first week where there was a really nasty microstutter when using the mouse. But it's been fixed. My guess is they were just trying to play it safe with the requirements.

But this game is a worthless piece of shit. I've seen MAN play it long enough to know.
Funny, because MvG is also a worthless piece of shit. ;)

manfestival

I just redownloaded this game the other day. However, that is beyond stupid that it requires so much. This is severely going to hinder their audience and baseline. They need to learn how to optimize!

Top Bottom