• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about that one moment in Red Dead Redemption

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads

entering mexico and that song plays.....majestic, what were your thoughts

no guns were used in this part........hehe i kid i kid

Melubas

It's an amazing moment for sure. However, I found the final ending to have way more impact:
I'm talking about the epilogue where you play as John's son and track down his killer after which Dead Man's Gun plays and it fades out. Perfection. Really looking forward to RDR2

Rickeh

Loved this part the music felt like it came straight out of O Brother, Where Out thou? I can picture clooney etc singing it.

Shini42

I love this moment. However, I hope RDR2 would have a GTA V style world without blocked off areas. Spawn some sheriffs or bounty hunters if you must, just don't put a stupid roadblock or damaged bridge, Rockstar!

Fbh

Yep. One of my favourite moments of the game.
Now I sort of want to replay...shame there isn't a remaster or PC version.

Would be better with some Black Panther music though

Shifty

Really effective use of music, that. There was something almost spooky about galloping to the start of the next chapter with that playing.

Unfortunate that it preceded a whole lot of whining about mehico and/or characters being generally awful people, but hanging out with Landon Ricketts was cool.

Would've been better with a wall.
Whoof.

Last edited:

IronFlemying

Neo Member
I just played this section for the fourth time last night, still as effective now as it was back in 2010.

Replaying on my Xbox one for what it will likely be the last time before RDR2 releases, game still holds up remarkably well!

grumpyGamer

really loved the game, i really cried at the end, it hit me like a rock.
Great game altogether, i really hope the sequel is not ruined by micro transactions

Shini42

really loved the game, i really cried at the end, it hit me like a rock.
Great game altogether, i really hope the sequel is not ruined by micro transactions
Do you think, that there will be any microtransactions outside RDR2Online? I highly doubt that.

grumpyGamer

Do you think, that there will be any microtransactions outside RDR2Online? I highly doubt that.
rockstar is smart they know how to do a game my problem is with take-two, because they said that they want an online enviroment in every game (you cant blame them, because gta online makes billions for them)

i believe the single player campaign will not be effected, my fear is that it will diminish the quality because of the online part, i do not believe rockstar will try a battlefield 2 stunt.

Shini42

rockstar is smart they know how to do a game my problem is with take-two, because they said that they want an online enviroment in every game (you cant blame them, because gta online makes billions for them)

i believe the single player campaign will not be effected, my fear is that it will diminish the quality because of the online part, i do not believe rockstar will try a battlefield 2 stunt.
I expect MT in RDR2 Online to be on par with GTAO. Would be very surprised if they break something trying to make even more money.

FatboyTim

I'd heard that the music was meant to be epic, so as it became apparent that it was about to happen I saved my game.

When I continued after the save, the music didn't play (perhaps I'd saved the game after the cue?)

What a let down.

Peroroncino

That part before entering Mexico would've been so much better with some spears instead of a revolver, just imagine chuckin' those spears from that raft, killing everyone in sight, mhhhm.

Last edited:

ABeezy1388

I really need to replay this, wish I could play PS3 games on PS4, I have the disc but have no desire to hook up my PS3. I guess I could buy it on X1X but ugh.

MDSLKTR

I played rdr twice and fucked up that moment BOTH TIMES by getting off my horse by mistake... The music stops playing when that happens :(

AlphaMale

It's funny.... just from reading the title of the thread, I somehow knew you were referring to this part! lol

BryanGT

Defining moment for the game for me. When the music started I just let the horse canter and I listened to the music. The guy in this video is riding his horse like it's a stolen Miata; kinda kills the mood.

gioGAF

Loved the game, hated the ending.

I spent the whole game crushing legions of fools and then when six dudes show up to my I house, I get killed! WTF! Found that sequence annoying af and it definitely lowered my appreciation for the game. I didn't really feel like finishing the game. I would have dropped it if it wasn't for some end game trophy and my wife dropped it after that.

dcx4610

I always kept hearing people talk about this moment and didn't know why it was special. It wasn't until I watched a clip to see why. The song didn't trigger during my playthrough.

I did thankfully get the coming home song towards the end though.

Top Bottom