• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Link to the Past halp! (spoilers I guess)

I'm playing Link to the Past for the first time in years, and I'm stuck.

The last major thing I did was beat the big wizard guy, the boss you fight after completing the game's first three real dungeons and getting the Master Sword. Now I'm in the dark world and I need the item that lets me retain my real form, which should be in the Palace of Darkness or Dark Palace or whatever, over on the middle of the right side of the map. However, I can't get into the damn place. I believe a monkey helps open the door or something, but I can't find it. I've walked all around this maze-like area surrounding the palace, and the monkey hasn't appeared. Is there something I should have done before coming here, or am I missing something obvious?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Uh... don't you have to go to the tower on Dark World's equivalent of Death Mountain before going to that palace you mentioned? Gotta get a Moonpearl, or whatever it's called, that allows you to retain your form.

Something like that. It's been way too many years.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mejilan said:
Uh... don't you have to go to the tower on Dark World's equivalent of Death Mountain before going to that palace you mentioned? Gotta get a Moonpearl, or whatever it's called, that allows you to retain your form.

Something like that. It's been way too many years.
Trying to redeem yourself?

BTW I didn't notice until now that you got a new tag. So I've gotten two different people a new tag. :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Bah. Redeem myself? I skimmed through his original post and assumed he was playing OoT, not the original LoZ. :(

Frog

You missed the Moon Pearl, it's in the dungeon on Death Mountain where you got the third pendant.

Doogdogg

yup no more bunny link lolz.

and didn't the monkey ask for some favor before flipping the switch? been so long but I think he wanted rupees or whatever or was it to save some of his friends. ugh.

gotta hook my snes up again one day to play this.

Pretty sure the Moon Pearl is in the Third Palace in the Light World (Tower of Hera I think?) - the one with the Giant Moldorm (the worm with the googly eyes) as the boss. On the second last floor from the top, you have to activate the star floor switch (the one with the line of fire rotating around it), then fall in the hole in the middle of the room (make sure to fall from the north side of the hole). Open the chest - voila!

Kiki the monkey will appear when you make your way to the entrance of the Dark Palace.

Feel free to correct me if any of this is wrong.

Christopher

ugh anyone remember being stuck at the fucking flute boy back in the day...how were you suppose to know what to do without a guide?

Frog

Biohazard said:
ugh anyone remember being stuck at the fucking flute boy back in the day...how were you suppose to know what to do without a guide?

Not really...the flute boy tells you how to get the flute, and his father tells you what to do with it. Unless you never bothered to talk to anyone, then I'd imagine it would be pretty hard to figure out.

Red Scarlet

Mejilan said:
Bah. Redeem myself? I skimmed through his original post and assumed he was playing OoT, not the original LoZ. :(

:lol when did you get the tag? Just noticed it today. :(

Topic starter: you forgot to get the treasure in the Tower dungeon where the 3rd pendant was. Go back there and look for the chest with the pearl thing.

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm back in that dungeon. I remember seeing the chest before, and I assumed I needed the hookshot to get over to it, so I'd come back later. Clearly a foolish assumption.

Doogdogg

Chris Remo said:
Thanks for the help, guys. I'm back in that dungeon. I remember seeing the chest before, and I assumed I needed the hookshot to get over to it, so I'd come back later. Clearly a foolish assumption.

i think you fall down into it from level above. check the floors to make sure it's a safe fall.

Top Bottom