• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for a good multimedia computer (mac or PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I'm for a computer that is specifically designed for multimedia applications for my Dad. He is running a small business where he is doing audio/video productions for Weddings birthdays, anniverieries and things like that so I want to help him out by getting a computer that can do editing, buring, and all that multimedia stuff. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Timbuktu

You can't go wrong with Macs for multimedia. You've got the whole range from the free iLife packages to industry standard pro stuff (iMovie to Final Cut Pro HD and Shake for video and from Garageband to Logic for audio). It depends really on your budget and other needs, like whether you want a laptop/desktop and if space and style matters to you. The new G5 iMacs would be a good starting point to look at.

Phoenix

A Mac is good for most media production duties. PCs are good at it as well, but the software tends to favor the Mac. I personally wouldn't recommend Mac laptops at this point, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom