• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet 3 |OT| Yes the game exists and yes it’s coming out soon.

highrider

Banned
Yeah, this is a solid game. Great rental or budget pickup. I'm still shedding a tear for lost planet as I loved lp1 and 2, but I respect the attempt made here. It would sit alongside a game like dark sector for me.

Tizoc

Just started it yesterday on PS3 and the dialog and voice acting is VERY good, but what's up with the non-cutscene models seeming...cardboard-like?
Am I the only one who thinks Jim looks like a hairy-er Nicholas Cage?

kuYuri

Apparently, the 360 version of LP3 just had three map packs (two maps in each) and all of the preorder bonuses go up for purchase on the Xbox Games Store.

Talk about no advance news whatsoever for post-release DLC, lol.

Tizoc

I'm slowly advancing through the game and just want to know a few things:
Should I spend money on Scrap to trade wtih Gale for or is there a better way to get them?

From where I stopped last time, I went on to save Laroche then go through a cave area, after that I had to fix some posts that were to protect some severe storms.
Being a freenlancer and doing all those missions felt like they're part of my job and I liked that.
So far I enjoy using the shotgun to blow up Akrids, which has a good chunk of ammo right off the bat.

I want to know though:
When do I start being able to scan akrids and fill up the beastiary, when do sidequests start showing up, and does the game have a New Game+?

you are really just at the start and those things show up during the game. This design does not support a new game plus, I think. Or maybe past a certain point, but that would make the mode very limited.

BTHR Zero X

I want to know though:
When do I start being able to scan akrids and fill up the beastiary, when do sidequests start showing up, and does the game have a New Game+?

Well Scrap can be found all over you just need to search for it but if you have extra T-Eng to spend get a couple.

Scanning starts as part of the main story, from there scan everything you can.
Side Quest pop up from time to time but you get told about them.
And the game does not have a New Game+..But there is a point of no return and the game will tell you about this and will make sure you know.

Tizoc

Damn the voice acting in this game is sooooo good.

I've managed to scan the DNA of most enemies and have started scanning for the Albino T. enemies, so far so good.
My fav. cutscene is when
Soichi tells Jim how after NEVEC left the first colony for dead they kept hope that they'd return for them, how if they waited a day, they'd come, then a week, then a month, then a year, the way it was delivered was spectacular!
...and then Kovac's dialog once the Akrid assault ended in the Cronis facility was hilarious, and I loved how Gale cheered for me to go and save his ass haha.

That reminds me of one of Jim's line when heading to the armory: "Why is every door on this planet closed or broken?"

Storyline I really have no idea where it's heading; there's no antogonist or villain, Braddock doesn't seem like a bad guy, and Kovac is only interested in science.

Also Jim is becoming my fav. video game charcter, braving all shit and dealing with all this hardship JUST to make a living and feed his family, a true Family Man if there ever was one!

Tizoc

Gonna finish up a few collectables trophies then go on to finish the game.
I have a few Online trophies that I won't bother getting, although I did for the most part enjoy the online mode, but I'd say I got all the trophies I would be in the mood of getting from its online mode already (30 spheres and Winning 25 matches).

Tizoc

Well just beat the game, the only Campaign trophies I didn't bother with were the Logs and Hard diff. trophies.

I disliked the last 1/4 or 1/5 of the game, when the NEVEC troops came in, freakin' Laroche why'd ya go and be a jerk like that? Rather interesting he was the only one of the original Coronis to survive by my understanding.
I enjoyed the first 3/4 though where you're just a freelancer doing your job on an alien planet and how there wasn't exactly a villain or antagonist.

Wish the weapons were more interesting and that the Hunting Knife was actually usable outside of QTEs, seriously how awesome would it have been to kill those beast-like Akrid with the Hunting Knife!

I'd say overall...I'd give the game a 7/10, it feels like the game was rushed or such since there were some parts in the cutscenes that would've made for extra missions, etc.

Top Bottom