• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Lupin III Part 4, the series that has stolen my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: I'm still on episode 14 now, so if you want to talk plot points about future episodes I'd like to ask you to use spoiler tags, thanks :)
b0ed3ff246.jpg

So I started watching this series a few days ago, I've always been a fan of the Lupin III series even though I didnt grow up with it or anything, I watched the series and OVAs a few years ago after seeing the miyazaki movie and I fell in love with the character.
I didn't even really know that there was a 4th part out, and to be honest I didn't really expect too much of it, but I'm really happy to say that it was a really pleasant surprise!

The series looks great, and really captures the beauty of Southern Europe, the music is also really good, I'm not an expert but I think I heard some good remixes of old tunes, and the characters are better than ever. Lupin is his dashing self, Jigen is being the cool guy, Fujiko is less mean, which I really like, one of my critisisms of the series has always been the relationship between her and Lupin, Zenigata is the honourable counterpart to Lupin who sees him as his equal and a true challange, and Goemon is, well, he's Goemon I guess.
I was also pleasantly surprised by the new characters, after the first episode I didn't really know what to think about Rebecca, but I've really warmed up to her now. I also liked the new MI6 character, Nyx, and I also like dhow he got a little backstory with his family.

The episodes themselves are also really good, I like how there is more of an overarching story and how there are episodes that focus on one of the characters besides Lupin (although I wasn't really a fan of the fujiko one), I especially liked the Jigen episode with the nurse.

I'm not really good in reviewing stuff, so I don't really know what more I can say, I'm looking forward to the second half of the series and I'm curious to what will happen in it. Also I guess I should say that you don't have to have watched the older series, it's a great point to start with it, you can watch it here on Crunchyroll.

Also shoutout to Kiyoshi Kobayashi for still voicing Jigen, really love that voice and mad respect for still doing it in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom