• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Planescape Torment

I tried to get into this game much later after its release, probably 2 or 3 times. Had that bug to try a game I heard rave reviews about but just flew under my radar especially then as I was not that much into RPGs. KOTOR was the first RPG I got into and fom then I became a fan of the genre. Both times I gave up in the beginning after the mortuary. It just wouldnt click with me, the amazing writing was just hurting my eyes of how much there was to read without any voice over. I couldnt figure out where to go and I just left it like that.

Then I got a Switch and got the itch (nice rap line) again. I play exclusively in handheld mode so yea the text even after changing in options is even smaller. But now it clicked, maybe because I enjoy to play a heavy story driven game on my couch or bed, kind of like reading a book rather than staring at a huge TV or PC monitor. Again in the begining I needed some time to get used to all the text I had to read but once the story started making some sense, I was hooked.

Im almost at the end I assume. Im at the Outlands now. Im always like it when I can enjoy such and old game with old the old mechanics which are way outdated by todays standards but for this game, story drives it so you kind of forget about the issues of the past.

The one area I was not a fan of was getting the receipt/bloody handkerchief for the portal to Curst. It required so many sidequests completed just to get new dialogue options to advance further. Hate to say but I had to go with a walkthrough for that area as I was going round and round forever trying to figure out who to talk to and that Journal and sidequest tab didnt help much either.

Other than that, its pretty much smooth sailing, cant wait for the outcome. I never watched any videos or endings about the game so luckily its all a mistery tome still. After Ill take a break but Im wondering, what do you think I should try next:

Icewind Dale or Baldus Gate? I heard people say just skip BG1 and go straight to 2 as it is more refind.

This dude \m/
CMS0Jin.jpg

Top Bottom