• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Pong (Atari)

Maddux4164

Grew up an NES kid. So I missed out on this hidden gem

Finally got around to it.

Basic plot is that you’re a paddle. Livin your best life, doing paddle things and what not. Along comes another paddle on your property. You basically have to draw a line in the sand and settle this debacle with the power of a square object.
This square object comes towards you and you must make contact with it. Once you make contact with it, it will goto the other side where the bad paddle is.
If by chance the bad paddle makes contact with the square, it’ll come back your way. The goal is basically to ensure the bad paddle never makes contact with the square object and that you always make contact with it.
Probably spent 40 hours on this game overall. But I’m a completionist.
Some will finish it in under 15 seconds. But that’s not how I play Games.

Anyhow, it’s a fantastic little hidden gem I recommend everyone check out and add to your collection

My score = 8.7 out of 10

Maddux4164

This is my favorite Something Awful thread.
It’s a challenging game. The more you make contact with the square and in turn they also make contact, the faster the square goes. Or at least it feels that way.

Wish they’d add colors and cool skins for the paddles as DLC or something down the road

ChazAshley

Gold Member
I'm from the future, there are some awesome pong sequels out there:

(Seriously though, I would actually pay money to play a nintendo version of pong if it was like that)

Maddux4164

I'm from the future, there are some awesome pong sequels out there:

(Seriously though, I would actually pay money to play a nintendo version of pong if it was like that)

Woah. DLC was added? Nice. I am still playing it on NG+. Once I finish Up I’ll check it out. Looks pretty awesome

Whats the FPS? Or resolution? Unlocked frames too?

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
200.gif

nemiroff

Gold Member
It’s a challenging game. The more you make contact with the square and in turn they also make contact, the faster the square goes. Or at least it feels that way.

Wish they’d add colors and cool skins for the paddles as DLC or something down the road

There is already a Atari variant of Pong, Breakout, that has transparent cellophane strips in different colors on the screen to create the "illusion" of color. Truly fresh and innovative stuff.

breakout_1_7615.jpg

Last edited:

Maddux4164

Happy you folks enjoyed my review of this hidden gem

part of me figured most of you gaming nerds had played this game already Hah

happy to shed light on this gem

Havoc2049

Jeff Minter's Plasma Pong on the Defender 2000 cart for the Atari Jaguar is the best way to play Pong on an Atari system.

There is already a Atari variant of Pong, Breakout, that has transparent cellophane strips in different colors on the screen to create the "illusion" of color. Truly fresh and innovative stuff.

breakout_1_7615.jpg

Breakout was more popular as Arkanoid, on NES as well.

there was once a videogame museum exhibition next to where I live. I finally played the original Pong - turntable controls and all - with my daughter. Not too shabby back then. I also played a VR version where the paddle is your head: you headbutt the ball. Dangerball in VR Worlds for psvr. pretty cool, it was like a futuristic eSport in a huge arena, the crowds went mad...

Top Bottom