• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Possession(1981) aka wtf did I just watch??

I've been watching a lot of old stuff that I never got the chance or never bothered and this was recommended to me

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082933/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Its an old classic, the acting is iffy but with lots of moments of brilliance but moving on from that what the fuck gaf? It was incredibly unnerving but not in a horror sense like you find something scary or disturbing but in a emotional/acting way? Hard to describe but Anna, the main role in the movie has a lot of disturbing screams. They're very often, very loud, and very creepy which ofc was the point of the movie but I genuinely thought at some moments that they were legit, as if she really was being repulsed and disturbed and has issues and they were reflecting on screen. Theres this messed up scene where she teaches some underage ballerinas and grabs this kid from behind pulls her legs and head forcibly and the kid starts screaming in pain but they are more like moans and the way it was filmed and considering the extreme sexual tone of the movie, it was as if she was raping her from behind. Dont even get me started on the monster thing. Not sure what to think about it all.

Anyone seen this? What were your thoughts? imma head to sleep and maybe not have nightmares about her nonstop screams.

Last edited:
I watched it on Shudder when they added it a few weeks back, hadn’t seen it before.

I don’t really know what to think about it, definitely a weird movie and I agree with what you said. After watching it, I conflicted as well. I didn’t hate it but I felt like I was missing something. At face value though I thought it was pretty good and I liked how weird it was.

Top Bottom