• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lupin The 3rd - Part 4 will Debut on Adult Swim on June 17th

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/05/prweb14347072.htm

TMS Entertainment USA announces that the latest installment of the Lupin 3rd series, Lupin The 3rd Part 4, will launch on Adult Swim on Saturday, June 17th. It will appear in the weekly TOONAMI programming block.

Lupin The 3rd Part 4 (26 x 30-minute episodes) is the latest series with Lupin trying to outmaneuver MI-6 throughout Italy! The story that began in San Marino will now expand all over Italy as Lupin pursues love and freedom in this exciting new adventure. While Lupin deals with a motley crew of unique characters that come his way, an extraordinary genius that lived centuries ago steps out of history into his life.

Lupin The 3rd is one of the most well-known animated TV series in Japanese history. It debuted fifty years ago in 1967, as a Japanese Manga series written and illustrated by Monkey Punch. The series follows the escapades of master thief Arsène Lupin III, the grandson of Arsène Lupin, the gentleman thief of Maurice Leblanc's series of novels. The TV series followed in 1971, with the broadcast starting on Japanese TV and became a very popular long airing show.

"Lupin is a cool, comedic, and attractive character; I have watched the show since I was a child. The style has not changed and it is still my favorite show. We are so excited about launching on Adult Swim to celebrate the 50th anniversary," said Masami Tokunaga, Vice President of TMS USA. "We are planning a lot of marketing activities for Lupin's 50th anniversary, along with this new broadcast and would like to expand Lupin in various ways in the US."

Lupin The 3rd Part 2 was on Adult Swim a decade ago. Now Part 4 is here! Get ready for the long awaited return of Lupin and his gang! The English dubbed version is only available on Adult Swim.

The Lupin The 3rd Part 4 English subtitled version is on Crunchyroll, video streaming service.

I watched about half of this and didn't get much out of it. Expected more stuff like Jigens Gravestone but it never really grabbed me. Great looking show and amazing OP and it's cool that it's coming over.

I've recently been watching the original series from like 1971 and have found that more enjoyable and creative.

RedBoot

It's the same cast from the previous Adult Swim run, minus Zenigata's voice. Tony Oliver, Richard Epcar, Lex Lang, and Michelle Ruff! GET HYPED

Wow. Fully expected the Funi cast, who were also pretty solid (particularly Sonny Strait), but I did like the Pioneer cast better as a whole.

Only watched the first episode of this subbed, since I figured it'd get dubbed eventually. Gonna be fun.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
DAH5nKmXcAA1zZs.jpg

kunonabi

Looking forward to this greatly. I've been tolerating the Japanese lately since I'm in the middle of part 3 but nothing beats this dub cast. I just can't stand Japanese Jigen and Fujiko.

Watched this subtitled on Crunchyroll.

It's phenomenal. Truly excellent. I'm excited for everyone watching it for the first time.

I reeeeeally want a Part 5.

Camjo-Z

Aside from Castle of Cagliostro which I really enjoyed, what else is essential Lupin?

Part 2 for sure, only about half of it was dubbed so unless you wanna watch the subbed episodes as well it shouldn't take too long to get through. Part 1 is a little slow for my tastes but a lot of people enjoy it. If you're itching for more after that there are a ton of yearly TV specials and movies to check out that range from pretty good to mediocre. Avoid the trash live-action adaptations though.

The new Lupin III series has really fun individual episodes, but it also tries to have an overall story, and that is hot trash. It involves Leonardo DaVinci being cloned and him trying to take over the world, and it's played straight.

Nachos

The new Lupin III series has really fun individual episodes, but it also tries to have an overall story, and that is hot trash. It involves Leonardo DaVinci being cloned and him trying to take over the world, and it's played straight.
Yeah, I found most of the episodes connected to the overarching plot to be pretty lacking, but the standalone ones are really, really good.

Wow. Fully expected the Funi cast, who were also pretty solid (particularly Sonny Strait), but I did like the Pioneer cast better as a whole.

Only watched the first episode of this subbed, since I figured it'd get dubbed eventually. Gonna be fun.

This is being done by Discotek, which has been handling most of the recent Lupin releases. I think this might even be the second dub they've ever produced (the first being Jigen's Gravestone).

Looking forward to this greatly. I've been tolerating the Japanese lately since I'm in the middle of part 3 but nothing beats this dub cast. I just can't stand Japanese Jigen and Fujiko.

Man, Japanese Jigen's my favorite of the cast.

In terms of dub, are there 2 series available and if so, which one's better?

Bear in mind that I know nothing of Lupin except for what I read in Persona 5 lol. I want to learn more about this character but I'd rather watch something than read, if that's possible. That's why I want to watch a series or movie about Lupin.

CO_Andy

Haven't watched Lupin in a year. Stopped at around episode 100 in the second series cause the show became hot garbage in writing

Camjo-Z

In terms of dub, are there 2 series available and if so, which one's better?

Bear in mind that I know nothing of Lupin except for what I read in Persona 5 lol. I want to learn more about this character but I'd rather watch something than read, if that's possible. That's why I want to watch a series or movie about Lupin.

The only TV series that have been dubbed are Part 2, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine (which focuses on Fujiko rather than Lupin and has a darker tone/more nudity than usual), and now Part 4. Here's one of my favorite episodes from Part 2. It's got Lupin in disguise, backstabbing from Fujiko, some good jokes, the works: http://www.crunchyroll.com/lupin-the-third-part-2/episode-42-cruisin-in-drag-679407

The only TV series that have been dubbed are Part 2, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine (which focuses on Fujiko rather than Lupin and has a darker tone/more nudity than usual), and now Part 4. Here's one of my favorite episodes from Part 2. It's got Lupin in disguise, backstabbing from Fujiko, some good jokes, the works: http://www.crunchyroll.com/lupin-the-third-part-2/episode-42-cruisin-in-drag-679407

So would the best option be to watch all the parts in chronological order? I assume Part 2's events take place after Part 1 and Parts 1 and 3 are only available in its original language?

Camjo-Z

So would be best option be to watch all the parts in chronological order? I assume Part 2's events take place after Part 1 and Parts 1 and 3 are only available in its original language?

None of them really have anything to do with each other, there's some continuity here and there (like the first episode of Part 2 involving a villain from the first episode of Part 1) but the vast majority of Lupin media is standalone. You can pretty much start with whatever's most appealing to you.

None of them really have anything to do with each other, there's some continuity here and there (like the first episode of Part 2 involving a villain from the first episode of Part 1) but the vast majority of Lupin media is standalone. You can pretty much start with whatever's most appealing to you.

I see. Thanks!

Top Bottom