• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic Box for Xbox

Hellraizah

I just received this item from LikSang (almost took a month, thought it would never come in the mail). The device is great, I tried Saturn and Dreamcast controllers with it and it works #1. I didn't try a PS2 controller yet, but I'll do it soon. The only thing I don't like is that the memory card port on top is too narrow and even the Microsoft memory card doesn't fit. I will probably grind the hole because I wanna test the Xbox Live headset to see if it works.
xbox-magicbox.jpg

If someone knows about the compatibility of the Xbox Live headset let me know.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection + Magic Box + Saturn japanese controller = Joy

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Why anyone would want to use the dreamcast controller over the xbox controller is beyond me

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
AniHawk said:

you must be joking.

that thing was misery. The arcade stick on the other hand......

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
the original Xbox controller and the S are my favourites anyway, Original for anything first person, S for anything 3rd person.

I liked the DC pad at the time, in the light of all the other consoles now though its kinda crappy.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
You have the right to like the Dreamcast pad, but it still gives me nightmares :)

I got a free PS2 -> GC/Xbox adaptor from work (someone just gave me one)
I use it for some games, any games that use the triggers correctly I use the xbox controller with.

Hellraizah

I agree that the S controller is everything that the DC controller was but better, but I bought the adapter for a Saturn controller in prevision of many 2D fighters for Xbox this year. The control pad on controller S is giving me nightmares about doing a dragon punch with it. Plus, the Saturn controller got the 6 buttons right next to each other, which is godly for Capcom fighters.

Alf

Banned
Gunsmoke said:
which made me very angry.
I have the magic box and 2x arcade sticks.
Me too. I was going to buy an Xbox and the magic box when SF Collection comes out so i can use my dc MAS stick. Now i'll have to settle with my faulty psx ascii stick

Mashing

The DC controller was horrible (it always caused my palms to sweat) and I HATED how the cable came out of the bottom instead of the top... what were they thinking with that?

mr2mike

Banned
The Duke was like the Dreamcast controller done right. Ever since I got my Xbox and experienced the Duke I can't stand the DC pads.

If there was a magic box thingy to use Xbox controllers on DC I'd still be playing it, but as it is I just can't stand the discomfort.

I could see using the MkI US saturn pad though, that thing was the shit, way better than the jap/US MkII pad, wich was too flat and had a stiff dpad (unlike the US MkI's "floating", a la NGPC w/o the clicking).

Top Bottom