• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson joins Midwest Games

TransTrender

Gold Member
This is midwest games.

eJHZk7z.jpg

TVexperto

That seems like a huge step down.

Maybe his end of employment w/MS wasn’t his choice? Or maybe he just wanted a more low key job, which would be understandable.
I think he was fired. I mean what even did he do at MS last 2 years?

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
That seems like a huge step down.

Maybe his end of employment w/MS wasn’t his choice? Or maybe he just wanted a more low key job, which would be understandable.

I think there's a good chance that his job evolved significantly as time went by, until it basically was bespoke to his skills, experience, etc. and I can imagine it would be very difficult to find a similar role elsewhere.

I can imagine various circumstances under which a role like that would be hard to keep budgeted in a corporate structure, as well as various changes in marketing environment. I can imagine a situation where Major Nelson would be heavily involved in E3 plans, setting up the daily live show, for example. With no E3 for a few years, things change.

I can imagine he'd bring a good amount of value to the right team though, he must have a great selection of press and media contacts for a start.

Top Bottom