• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man confronts Superintendent about bullying at KISD school board meeting.

drotahorror

The Superintendent WAS the bully

Really sad deal here.

A statement from the superintendent can be found here - http://katytimes.com/news/article_ac02f008-2c88-11e8-a216-9bfae0f9a19a.html

Apparently bullying is a popular thing in this school district that no one cares about - http://abetterlegacy.com/my-stateme...s-of-bullying-and-suspicious-data-collection/

I usually think kids are just soft today, but maybe it's the fact that no one's doing their job? The people in power don't care and these kids don't have anyone to talk to.

DiscoJer

I usually think kids are just soft today, but maybe it's the fact that no one's doing their job? The people in power don't care and these kids don't have anyone to talk to.

It's always been like that. Either teachers don't care or they agree with you - that "kids are too soft".

rbanke

Hard to say where the truth is with that but I don't think actions as a kid necessarily reflect how they think or behave as an adult. Also good on the guy for standing up and sharing his story if it's true because that's rough to talk about.

As far as kids being soft I think there's a nugget of truth to it. I have two boys almost 5 & 8 and I've often felt like they and their friends get treated like they are unable to do anything for themselves and babied but when it comes to bullying I think it's just a whole different world than when I grew up. I was bullied but it ended when school was out. I would dread going but once the day was over, I could forget about it. Now with how connected everyone is, it's easy to see how it can be an inescapable hell. Throw in a single parent situation or a kid that is a bit more sensitive than normal or whatever other hardships can happen and its pretty easy to the sad end.

Last edited:

MultiCore

I have 6 kids, ages 6 months through 13, they've been to several different schools.

Bullying is a huge problem, and often the victims get blamed. It's absolutely unreal. The principals have said there's basically nothing they can do.

rbanke, you say you don't think his behavior as a kid reflects upon him as an adult. His reaction and response says everything you need to know.
If he had an ounce of regret, remorse, empathy, he'd have reacted totally differently.

His reaction and response says everything you need to know.
If he had an ounce of regret, remorse, empathy, he'd have reacted totally differently.
This. He's basically just laughing at the guy, and in his written response he denies being involved with the bullying and doesn't offer any help to the victim. Even if he were innocent, his response is really poor. That said, I would like to see the evidence.

Dubloon7

Banned
This. He's basically just laughing at the guy, and in his written response he denies being involved with the bullying and doesn't offer any help to the victim. Even if he were innocent, his response is really poor. That said, I would like to see the evidence.

Evidence in what exactly? the superintendent was called out for being the bully back when they were kids, in the video he shows exactly who he is and how his administration treats the kids in his area. that was a nervous laugh, imo, and regardless if it was true or not he should have stated something along the lines of "we do not condone of bullying" and there should be measures in the school charter with the administration and teachers to work with the victims and speak to the bullies and their parents.

i felt disheartened hearing this guy talk about his history and watched the superintendent react.

PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY!

The way Lance squirms and laughs after the testimony says it all.
Bullying is a huge problem. I lost many friends on my football team because I called out their shitty treatment of the goth kids.
The teachers didn't give a fuck.

It gives me a little solace now that all of the popular kids are fat coked-out losers now.

way more

Bullying is such a complex problem. There are so many ways it occurs and bullies are so smart about selecting their victims and using strategies to avoid punishment. It would require so much effort and minute control over students I don't know if it's possible to stop it.

That said, any principal who waves off a kid who was peed on and kicked should be arrested. Hopefully that superintendent is swiftly defeated in the next election or fired.

Last edited:

Dubloon7

Banned
Well, the man said he had proof. Eyewitnesses. I'd be interested to hear what they have to say, is all.
these "eyewitnesses" that he claims can be his friends who will alter/fabricate the story to coincide with his own story as they were potentially and probably not even present during that bullying episode. that's not the evidence as it's a he said, she said circumstance.

these "eyewitnesses" that he claims can be his friends who will alter/fabricate the story to coincide with his own story as they were potentially and probably not even present during that bullying episode. that's not the evidence as it's a he said, she said circumstance.
You're right. That's why the OP putting in spoilers that the superintendent was in fact the bully kind of confuses me, which is why I'd like to see this proof.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
The asshole superintendent straight up laughed after he told his story. Who the fuck does that?
It was an uncomfortable laugh. The realization that everyone remembers stuff from Jr. High and High School as much as you do. And that your brain remembers all of it if it's given the proper context. Then it comes flooding back and can be overwhelming. All you can do sometimes is give a little giggle and realize that you're about to be in a world of angry.

Top Bottom