• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marc Summers hosting live edition of Double Dare at San Diego Comic-Con

Status
Not open for further replies.
One night only.

marc-summers.jpg

EW said:
Nickelodeon’s nostalgia block The Splat is honoring the 30th anniversary of the network’s seminal slime game show, Double Dare, in a big way this summer. Well, Summers.

The network has enlisted original host Marc Summers to return, for the first time in 16 years, to the Double Dare set for a live edition of the game show that’ll dominate one night of San Diego Comic-Con this year.

The show celebrates its 30th anniversary on October 6 and is the network’s longest-running game show, having aired from 1986-1993 in its original run. “Thirty years later, people still stop me on the street every day and tell me playing Double Dare is the one thing they wish they could have done growing up,” Summers says.

Lucky fans at Comic-Con will get to do just that, in a nighttime exhibition on July 22. The event will be streamed live on The Splat’s Facebook beginning at 9:30 p.m. PT, wherein fans will be able to watch the red and blue teams compete in rounds of trivia and a slew of classic physical challenges from Double Dares past: Down the Hatch, the Wringer, the Human Hamster Wheel, and the legendary Double Dare Nose.

And I am extremely jealous.

Krejlooc

Banned
I went to both Double Dare live tours as a kid - once when they were paired with Nick Arcade, and once when they were paired with Guts. They picked the kid literally right next to me when they went into the audience for contestants. Despite that, both shows were amazing as a kid. Remember going to both vividly.

we had some Double Dare book that had party games in it and we would do them at birthday parties, like having to wear mittens backwards and eat slippery foods and shit

iconic show.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Maybe this is the point where Double Dare will finally get to him after some kid gets slimed right in front of him or perhaps the ball pit breaks and starts flooding across the floor.

blakep267

Double dare was fun and all, but I'd much rather be on Legends of the Hidden temple or Guts. Those 2 shows were just more interesting

Also I always wanted to be on What would You Do so I could pick from the prize wall

E92 M3

The physical challenges were always so rigged against the contestant:

"Okay, you have to balance this egg, launch a nuclear weapon and make a burger. You have 17 seconds. GOOOOO"

KingBroly

Banned

"Okay, you have to balance this egg, launch a nuclear weapon and make a burger. You have 17 seconds. GOOOOO"

simple, launch the nuke at the patty. Burger's a bit green, but it'll do!

Ovid

As a kid, I wanted to be on Double Dare and Video Power.

Also, I thought he hated DD because he had OCD.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Having watched Family Double Dare for years and years, a lot of the physical challenges and especially the obstacle course at the end of the show could be incredibly easy or down right brutal. It seemed very arbitrary but some of the events were incredibly easy to figure out once you'd seen them a few times.

Amory

Never once on that show did I see a question get answered by Team 1 after daring it over to Team 2. Summers even says at the beginning of every game "dare the other team if you don't know the answer or if you think the other team doesn't know it" because it's worth more money after each dare. No one ever bluffed that I saw.

But I'd probably do the same thing just to do a physical challenge I guess

KodaRuss

I wish they brought this show back. I loved it as a kid.

I actually just bought a Guts shirt the other day as well. Damn I wanted to go on that show so badly.

Also, Wild and Crazy Kids... Nickelodeon back in the day was the best.

Marc Summers is a childhood icon of mine.

Now a days, he's a judge on Guy's Grocery Games and Cutthroat Kitchen (he decided the winner of the finale of the Timewarp Tournament, it was the 90s of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom