• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart meets Super Smash Bros: Your roster

FKUeMMJ.png
Made a cheap little mockup and all!

Let's say the next Mario Kart installment follows in the footsteps of Mario Kart 8's DLC and invites more Nintendo characters (or even some third party characters as seen in MK8's amiibo costumes) into the karting fray. The Mario roster consists of:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Roalina
Bowser
Toad
Toadette
Shy Guy
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Mii

That's 15 Mario characters, what characters from different franchises do you use to fill up the rest of the roster?

My list:
Link
Villager
Isabelle
Kirby
Captain Falcon
Fox
Samus
Pikachu
Olimar
Tsubasa
Sonic
Pac Man (To honour the Mario Kart arcade series)

While a cool idea, I'd much rather they just do better job at representing the Mario universe.

Using more characters and places from all of Mario spin-offs and not just some of them. Doing that alone would eliminate the awful cast Mario Kart currently has.

But I'm already aware of Miyamoto's hatred for Mario spin-off characters, and the current Mario RPGs controversy... Disappointing.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Kirby
Pit
Ike
Roy
Marth
Robin
Lucina
Corrin
Pac Man
Shulk
Bayonetta
Sonic
Zelda
Link
Ryu
Samus
Palutena

Super Smash Kart really :3

Not Smash Kart but I really want Mario Kart to expand the Donkey Kong and Wario casts before they go Smash.

Donkey Kong:
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong

Wario:
Captain Syrup
Ashley
Mona
Jimmy T

This is a prefect excuse for characters that'd be "difficult" to make a fighting moveset for.

Tom Nook
Nikki
Ashley
Starfy
Mach Rider
Balloon Fighter

alvis.exe

Mewtwo
Marth
Ganondorf
Shulk
Ike
Charizard
Kyle Hyde
Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Ridley

Also Caeda, Sigurd, Leif, Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Roy, Ephraim, Eirika, Alm, Micaiah, Lucina, Chrom, and Corrin. And Itsuki.

But seriously I could see Kirby, Samus, Captain Falcon, Pit, Fox, Inkling, and Lucina (for whatever reason I feel like she would be the best suited for this out of any of the FE lords) in addition to Link and Animal Crossing reps.

What I REALLY want is either Riki or Tatsu driving some hilariously ridiculous-looking Nopon kart/bike thing complete with name like Vroomvroom. Also needs a Frontier Village racetrack.

Top Bottom