• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark L Smith (The Revenant) to write Tarantino R-rated Star Trek film

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
No real surprise, it was mentioned he was the frontrunner when they assembled their writers room. But nice to get confirmation. This project is picking up (warp) speed.

Quentin Tarantino ‘Star Trek’ Firms ‘The Revenant’s Mark L. Smith As Screenwriter

Paramount Pictures has set Mark L. Smith to write the script for the R-rated Star Trek movie that was hatched from an idea by Quentin Tarantino. Tarantino wants to direct the film, which he’ll produce with JJ Abrams. That means that a writer whose breakthrough came on one of the most celebrated spare dialogue films of recent years will team with Tarantino, a writer/director whose own scripts have run run 165 pages or more, full of dialogue.
Deadline revealed the Tarantino Star Trek project last month, and then earlier this month that Smith, Lindsey Beer, Drew Pearce and Megan Amram took part in a writer’s room with Tarantino. We reported Tarantino intended to choose from that quartet and that Smith was viewed as frontrunner. Paramount closed his writing deal today.

I do wonder how their styles will mesh. Also, did the time travel Star Trek that Hemsworth signed up for just disappear, or will this be something different but they'll still do the Abrams style ones on the side?

Robot Pants

I feel like this is the point where Tarantino should just stop and throw in the towel forever.
This is the tipping point for him. He even said himself he only wants to make like 8-10 films before he starts to suck

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
CmHbecv.gif

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
So it's going to be Star Trek: The Boring Frontier.

I was interested in the idea of a Tarantino Star Trek, but if that's who's writing it I'll wait until it's at the dollar theater.

Top Bottom