• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark of Kri kicked ass

Johnas

I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I swear some of those arena challenges or whatever are impossible without cheats. Too bad RotK sucked (or what I played of it did).

I thought Sony was working on a sequel? I beat that game in less than 5 hours, returned it to Babbage's and got a full refund.

Awesome game though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
VictimOfGrief said:
I thought Sony was working on a sequel? I beat that game in less than 5 hours, returned it to Babbage's and got a full refund.

Awesome game though.

The sequel came out last year. I thought it was just as good as the original, personally.

Prine

Banned
:lol

didnt know a sequel was released. I enjoyed the game too

story telling through paintings was an awesome touch. Loved the sketches

Anyway, im off to find the sequel

White Man

If I played Mark of Kri for the first time today, would I still enjoy it, or is it kind of a "you had to play it when it was new" kind of game?

BigBoss

White Man said:
If I played Mark of Kri for the first time today, would I still enjoy it, or is it kind of a "you had to play it when it was new" kind of game?

I still enjoy the game but I'm not so sure you would, it was really a love or hate game. A lot of the game involves stealth so if you don't like those games I doubt you'd get much enjoyment from Mark of Kri.

It's stealth system was very linear, and its combat system was canned combos or nuthin', but I still loved the hell out of Mark of Kri.
I also loved how the last level threw the stealth portion out and just had you tear into fifty zombies with an axe.

Never did finish all the arena challenges; some were very brutal.

Got the sequel on my shelf, still shrinkwrapped, calling me an idiot for not playing through it over christmas break.

Mac the KNife said:
I can confirm. They had a TON of copies :lol
Mine didn't have any, I had my coupon ready and everything. I -almost- settled for RE:Outbreak File 2 for my $5 gaming fix, but I passed since I'm trying this thing where I don't leave a store with a game I didn't plan on buying :lol
(Unless it's better than what I was thinking about :\)

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Great game. Beautiful presentation. I bought the sequel for $10 at BB too. I've tried it before, it's really somewhat equal to the first, the problem is how little it advanced in the interval. It basically doesn't.

Grath

I bought the sequel for $10 at BB too. I've tried it before, it's really somewhat equal to the first, the problem is how little it advanced in the interval. It basically doesn't.

It had one big advancement: online cooperative play. Unfortunately they had to cut it out, so at the end it was basically the same game with one additional character

Kri was a great game but the impossible as hell challenge arena pretty much killed it for me. Is it still retardedly hard in the sequel?

Top Bottom