• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Martha is Dead - Trailer

Kuranghi

Batman jumps out of the lake clad in power armor:

BackEminentAsiansmallclawedotter-size_restricted.gif

Visually it gives a feeling of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, not quite as high fidelity but it has a good sense of realism in its non-cutting edge graphics. Good stuff.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nice art, but weak writing and worse voice acting.

If you are going to lean on narration like that, you need to do it well. And sadly that trailer fails in that regard.

Maybe the game is better, but that gave a poor first impression imho.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Lady in the lake reminds me of Haunting of Bly Manor. Hopefully with the WW2 background this is more than just a ghost story (although a good ghost story is also. . .good).

GuinGuin

Banned
Seems like it could be really good. The gameplay combines taking pictures, developing them, playing with marionettes to reveal repressed memories, biking through the Italian countryside and using tarot cards. Very interesting project a long time in the making.

Last edited:

GuinGuin

Banned
Nice art, but weak writing and worse voice acting.

If you are going to lean on narration like that, you need to do it well. And sadly that trailer fails in that regard.

Maybe the game is better, but that gave a poor first impression imho.

Gotta respond to this one. It's set in Italy and so using the Italian voice overs is how the game is meant to be played.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out 11 minutes of gameplay from the upcoming horror-thriller, Martha Is Dead, which will be released on PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series X|S, and PC.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
demo is up on steam.

Could this be... rather good? A walking sim type detective (or so it seems) adventure game, nothing to see here if you hate that stuff.

Mechanics of using pieces of 1940's bleeding-edge technology could work and I hope for some clever use in puzzles. The story could also be a useful motivator - you play as a daughter of an Italian nazi general during WWII impersonating your dead twin sister trying to solve the mystery of her murder. Sounds good to me - I hope it doesn't go to shit thanks to supernatural motifs seen in trailers which often tends to be the case.

Contains a warning for mature themes and it shows - there is a scene in the demo so gory I couldn't believe what I'm seeing.

Looks good and nicely lit, hits about 30fps in ultra on my shitty PC so I expect it to run great on a PS5.

I think I'm in.

elliot5

demo is up on steam.

Could this be... rather good? A walking sim type detective (or so it seems) adventure game, nothing to see here if you hate that stuff.

Mechanics of using pieces of 1940's bleeding-edge technology could work and I hope for some clever use in puzzles. The story could also be a useful motivator - you play as a daughter of an Italian nazi general during WWII impersonating your dead twin sister trying to solve the mystery of her murder. Sounds good to me - I hope it doesn't go to shit thanks to supernatural motifs seen in trailers which often tends to be the case.

Contains a warning for mature themes and it shows - there is a scene in the demo so gory I couldn't believe what I'm seeing.

Looks good and nicely lit, hits about 30fps in ultra on my shitty PC so I expect it to run great on a PS5.

I think I'm in.
Yeah that scene is extremely fucked up and dark. God damn.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Martha Is Dead is a first-person psychological thriller, set in 1944 Italy - coming on 24th February, 2022.

Uncover a dark multi-layered narrative which blurs the lines between reality, superstition and the tragedy of war, explore a stunning recreation of the Italian countryside and take photographs as you look for clues to discover the truth about what happened to Martha!

Check out the creepy new teaser, made using Unreal Engine's revolutionary ‘MetaHuman’ technology.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Reviewed by Tristan Ogilvie on PC. Also available on PlayStation and Xbox.

"Martha is Dead is a confronting, compelling, and increasingly disorientating detour into darkness, one that made me appropriately uncomfortable at times but ultimately left me feeling somewhat unfulfilled by its inconclusive ending. It's therefore not especially satisfying in a traditional 'Whodunnit?' sense, but as a surreal and grotesque examination of the effects of trauma it provides an unflinching and utterly absorbing ordeal to be endured rather than enjoyed."

Last edited:

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Hi Gaffers, Martha is Dead is currently on sale on PS Store. There’s mumblings that the performance is freezing/stuttering.

Anyone here play on PS5 that can confirm this and if a subsequent patch has resolved said issues? Nothing like stop frame motion to pull you out of the experience.

Thank is advance 🫣👍

Top Bottom