• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maximize It! The eBay game sell profit game. (28.8k..um no)

Backstory, I have used games that I want to get off my hands... I don't wanna go the gamestop route... rip off city.

The thing is I have a variety of differnt things, and I want to sell them in a way to maximize my profit on ebay... that's where you guy's suggestions come in... How should I bundle the following to maximize my profit?

This could be like a little expereiment or something...

So, here's what I have... I want you guys to organize these in packages that could possible maximize profite, and give me a suggested starting price. FYI, All products are used, but in mint condition, and contain ALL original accessories, manuals, etc, unless otherwise noted.

Here goes...

My Inventory:

#1 -Sony PSP Value Pack
#2 -Nintendo DS (Grey) (Includes wrist strap, power cable, and stylus)
#3 -Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP (Red) (NO accessories included, no power cable, but the unit is charged and the battery holds a charge)
#4 -Disney Princess (GBA)
#5 -New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
#6 -Animal Crossing Wild World (DS)
#7 -Meteos (DS)
#8 -Tetris DS (DS)
#9 -Trauma Center: Under The Knife (DS)
#10 -Mario Kart DS (DS)
#11 -GripShift (PSP)
#12 -Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP)
#13 -Samurai Warriors: State of War (PSP)
#14 -Napoleon Dynamite (PSP UMD Movie)

The catch is organizing all 14 of these products into various auctions to maximize profit. I could of course sell it all in a bundle, but that wouldn't yield the most return. The catch is to create appealing mini packages to receive the most return.

Here are the combo's I've come up with so far:

Auction 1 - $250
#1 -Sony PSP Value Pack
#14 -Napoleon Dynamite (PSP UMD Movie)
#11 -GripShift (PSP)
#12 -Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP)
#13 -Samurai Warriors: State of War (PSP)
IMAGE_00098.jpg

IMAGE_00090.jpg

IMAGE_00086.jpg

IMAGE_00081.jpg

IMAGE_00077.jpg

Auction 2 - $125
#2 -Nintendo DS (Grey) (Includes wrist strap, power cable, and stylus)
#3 -Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP (Red) (NO accessories included, no power cable, but the unit is charged and the battery holds a charge)
#4 -Disney Princess (GBA)
#8 -Tetris DS (DS)
IMAGE_00061.jpg

IMAGE_00070.jpg

IMAGE_00048.jpg

Auction 3 - $100
#5 -New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
#6 -Animal Crossing Wild World (DS)
#7 -Meteos (DS)
#9 -Trauma Center: Under The Knife (DS)
#10 -Mario Kart DS (DS)
IMAGE_00058.jpg

IMAGE_00045.jpg

IMAGE_00055.jpg

IMAGE_00042.jpg

IMAGE_00052.jpg

What do you guys think? To high, to low? Bad combinations?
They should make some sort of fantasy sports esque game out of stuff like this... :lol

Oh and before you guys flip out.. .I have a DSL, and another PSP... :lol

robot

I sold my Mario Kart DS for $28 shipped, Brain Age for $18 shipped and Jump Super Stars for $38 shipped - me thinks you may make more selling seperate.

blahness

the Disney Princess game for the GBA is actually kind of challenging... sure the controls suck but for a 4 yr old it is really difficult!

Karki

I usually sell this kind of thing on somethingawful forums. If you're a goon, go to SA-Mart and list this stuff. DS games sell almost instantly.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
robot said:
I sold my Mario Kart DS for $28 shipped, Brain Age for $18 shipped and Jump Super Stars for $38 shipped - me thinks you may make more selling seperate.

Yep. Unless you're bundling in crap that would never sell individually, never sell in bundles.

^^ Goons expect low prices at SA Mart. JeffDowns wants to make max profit.

Though its almost always a bad idea to trade in at GS/EB, at this moment the GS/EB route is actually not a bad idea at all. I just did it about a week ago with a bunch of stuff. You get $10 extra for every 3 games you trade in +10% extra for having the card +30% extra with the Game Informer coupon. Of course you need to put the money towards reserves, but everyone and their mom knows you can just go in at a later date and cancel your reserves and buy whatever you want with the money.

Since I just traded them in I know that games like NWSB and Mario Kart trade in for ~$20 a piece. So after bonuses you can come out with $26-27 dollars for Mario Kart if done properly. That is nearly as much as they sell it for used, or maybe more? Hell of a lot easier than going the Ebay route and you get a chance to stick it to Gamestop during a rare moment when you can actually get a good value on a trade in.

I suppose if you don't have the card or the magazine then this may not be so great.. But maybe you can sweet talk one of the clerks in to letting you use the coupon out of one of the dozens of GI mags they have in store. They just end up throwing that crap away any ways.

The Mighty Schwein said:
Though its almost always a bad idea to trade in at GS/EB, at this moment the GS/EB route is actually not a bad idea at all. I just did it about a week ago with a bunch of stuff. You get $10 extra for every 3 games you trade in +10% extra for having the card +30% extra with the Game Informer coupon. Of course you need to put the money towards reserves, but everyone and their mom knows you can just go in at a later date and cancel your reserves and buy whatever you want with the money.

Since I just traded them in I know that games like NWSB and Mario Kart trade in for ~$20 a piece. So after bonuses you can come out with $26-27 dollars for Mario Kart if done properly. That is nearly as much as they sell it for used, or maybe more? Hell of a lot easier than going the Ebay route and you get a chance to stick it to Gamestop during a rare moment when you can actually get a good value on a trade in.

I suppose if you don't have the card or the magazine then this may not be so great.. But maybe you can sweet talk one of the clerks in to letting you use the coupon out of one of the dozens of GI mags they have in store. They just end up throwing that crap away any ways.

I have a Gamestop card.... How much do you think i could get for all that stuff at gamestop? And would it allow me to get a 360? Or must I use it on a pre-order....?

JeffDowns said:
I have a Gamestop card.... How much do you think i could get for all that stuff at gamestop? And would it allow me to get a 360? Or must I use it on a pre-order....?

Hard to say what you'll get I just know Mario Kart and New Mario are both $20 base value trades (unless this has changed recently) cause I traded them in. So if you trade in sets of 3, and this also depends on how your clerk applies the percentages you need to double check him, you get $20 + $3.33 (from the 3 get 10) + 10% + 30%.. So it adds up quick. I traded in NSMB + Mario Kart + and another DS game as got nearly $100 for just those 3.

Also the trade 3 get $10 doesn't apply to GBA games I don't think and you'll probably still be better of selling your systems on ebay. Not sure about PSP movies..

Call your local GS/EB and see if they'll give you trade in values for some of your stuff, do the math and get yourself a rough idea. Then if you decide to trade in write all your stuff down and try to make sure the clerk gets you a dollar amount that is roughly that same as yours.

SickBoy

In my experience, selling stuff separately is generally better than selling stuff together... although you can always bundle items that have little-no value on their own.

Since we're on the topic, where is the best place (outside of pay-to-play SA, apparently) to sell something? I've got a couple of Game Boy Micros I tried to sell in NeoGAF's Buy/sell thread to no avail (as of yet). I'd eBay them, but I want to do it fixed price, and the listing fees are too much, IMO (I usually auction starting at $0.99 for the cheap listing :). My local Craigslist seems to be pretty dead, so I'm sort of at a loss.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
To make the most money, sell everything separately. Individual items lose some of their Ebay value when you bundle them.

Ravager61

GDJustin said:
To make the most money, sell everything separately. Individual items lose some of their Ebay value when you bundle them.

Yep, this is definately true. Plus you can overcharge a little on shipping and make a few extra dollars as well.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
The Mighty Schwein said:
Nice. Which issue was the coupon in? The one with the DMC4 cover?

I've got a pile of games to sell I'm sitting on, I could pretty much prepay in full for a Wii with those deals.

Shig said:
Nice. Which issue was the coupon in? The one with the DMC4 cover?

I've got a pile of games to sell I'm sitting on, I could pretty much prepay in full for a Wii with those deals.

Yeah its the latest issue with DMC4 on the cover and its good through the end of this month if I recall

Top Bottom