• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Feb. 1 - 7, 2010

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Nice hold for SO4, about as good as could be expected for Reginleiv.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Guess SO4 will definitely reach above 100k

Sohter.Nura said:
Nintendo just can't freaking produce a new core IP successfully :/ I'm afraid we won't see reginleiv any time soon in the U.S

Well, how successful were we expecting a new Sandlot game to be?
How is it doing compared to the EDF games?

AceBandage said:
Well, how successful were we expecting a new Sandlot game to be?
How is it doing compared to the EDF games?

Japan Game Charts (sourcing Famitsu) has EDF3 at 11.969 1st week, with the last recorded total at 27.087.

Hero of Legend said:
Japan Game Charts (sourcing Famitsu) has EDF3 at 11.969 1st week, with the last recorded total at 27.087.

Then it seems Reginlev is doing decently.
I mean, despite being published by Nintendo, it still is what it is.

Bebpo

Banned
Kind of a shame about Reginleiv. Regardless of my feelings on the title's quality, it'd be nice if Sandlot actually got some sales again. EDF3 is not a good comparison because it was on X360 in Japan and it completely tanked. It tanking is probably why they moved to Wii and did Reginleiv in the first place.

I'm pretty sure EDF2 sold over a loooong time and was over a 100k.

Bebpo said:
Kind of a shame about Reginleiv. Regardless of my feelings on the title's quality, it'd be nice if Sandlot actually got some sales again. EDF3 is not a good comparison because it was on X360 in Japan and it completely tanked. It tanking is probably why they moved to Wii and did Reginleiv in the first place.

I'm pretty sure EDF2 sold over a loooong time and was over a 100k.

Any idea of its first week?

Bebpo

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
Any idea of its first week?

No idea. I know that EDF & EDF2 were slow burn sellers that ended up being some of the best selling simple series games.

It also helped that they were 2000yen :p I think the higher price point did hurt EDF3 and Reginleiv to some degree.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems EDF2 got over 195k:

2ajcbo0.png

http://garaph.info/softwareindividual.php//gid/2233

Bebpo said:
No idea. I know that EDF & EDF2 were slow burn sellers that ended up being some of the best selling simple series games.

It also helped that they were 2000yen :p I think the higher price point did hurt EDF3 and Reginleiv to some degree.

i think the price is the main reason why EDF3 and Oneechanbara 360 and Wii bombed, one thing is to pay 2000yen for a low budget game, another thing is to pay 6000yen for a low budget game with (some) detailed graphic..

Jonnyram

AceBandage said:
Then it seems Reginlev is doing decently.
Wait, just because it didn't do as badly as bombatastic game on 360, it is said to be doing decently?
Nah, it's a bomb. 25k for this kind of game doesn't cut it, but it gets a free pass around here because it's a hardcore game published by Nintendo.

duckroll

Reginleiv is developed by a small team of about as many people as a main Nippon Ichi game (~20 core staff and maybe about 40-50 people total). It takes Nippon Ichi a year to develop and release each of their main games (Disgaea, Phantom Brave, Phantom Kingdom, Soul Cradle, etc) which end up selling about 100k on average. Reginleiv took 3 years to develop. It will probably end up selling 50k total if it is lucky. Food for thought.

duckroll said:
Reginleiv is developed by a small team of about as many people as a main Nippon Ichi game (~20 core staff and maybe about 40-50 people total). It takes Nippon Ichi a year to develop and release each of their main games (Disgaea, Phantom Brave, Phantom Kingdom, Soul Cradle, etc) which end up selling about 100k on average. Reginleiv took 3 years to develop. It will probably end up selling 50k total if it is lucky. Food for thought.

Then they should release it in other regions and put some marketing behind it. This industry must be the worst on Earth at believing in its product.

Top Bottom