• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2012 (Sep 17 - Sep 23)

BadWolf

Ys Celceta opened with 38k according to Famitsu. That's pretty close to Famitsu's opening numbers for Ys 7 (42k).

Vita might not be a mainstream success, but at least the otaku crowd (or whatever you call a Japanese hardcore gamer) is still buying "their" games.

Are those numbers normal/okay for the series?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It is impossible to expect a higher bump in hardware sales from two games debuting below 40,000 units.

PS3 needs a price cut and this new mode will do nothing, in fact it should do otherwise in the West since it is more expensive.

Well, we can at least consider that this weekly decrease of PS3 hardware numbers is due to a (slight) interest about the new model, am I right?
So, we could see a peak for the launch of the new model, especially considering the release of RE6 at the same time.

Probably in the next months we will see a good increase of PS3 weekly sales, mostly due to the incoming big software + holidays period then new model but...

Well, we can at least consider that this weekly decrease of PS3 hardware numbers is due to a (slight) interest about the new model, am I right?
So, we could see a peak for the launch of the new model, especially considering the release of RE6 at the same time.

Probably in the next months we will see a good increase of PS3 weekly sales, mostly due to the incoming big software + holidays period then new model but...

Is it possible PS3 has reached it's saturation point at least at the current price point where Yakuza 5, Resident Evil 6, and Tales of Xillia won't really do much for the system? Of course the baseline will certainly increase heading into the holidays though.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So almost 80k 3DS with no significant releases? Cool.

As said, the new color, sold with the new "girlish" title, could have helped the total HW numbers.

and that remind me about:

Some believed those 3 combined would have enough power to keep it above the DC

three? I was thinkking just about ED and YS. Are you talking about a new color? If so, I agree that I was expecting more from Vita this week.

Girls Mode DS - 86,446 (DS: 23.6M)
Girls Mode 3DS - 72,181 (3DS: 7.5M)

Good opening, now it's time to show your Bundchen legs!

I agree!

As said, the new color, sold with the new "girlish" title, could have helped the total HW numbers.

and that remind me about:

three? I was thinkking just about ED and YS. Are you talking about a new color? If so, I agree that I was expecting more from Vita this week.

I agree!

"Three" could be referring to DJ Max or Nobunaga's Ambition, but I'm not sure why anyone would expect those to do anything

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ys 7 (PSP) debut - 42,816
Ys Celceta (Vita) debut - 42,146 + download (probably lower than normal due to existence of LE)

Earth Defense Force Portable 2 (PSP) debut - 54,812
Earth Defense Force Portable 3 (Vita) debut - 42,606 (counting each copy in double-pack) + download

Vita hardware - lol

http://andriasang.com/comtar/edf2_real_date/

EDF2P on PSP had the Double Pack as well.

wrowa

Ys 7 (PSP) debut - 42,816
Ys Celceta (Vita) debut - 42,146 + download (probably lower than normal due to existence of LE)

Earth Defense Force Portable 2 (PSP) debut - 54,812
Earth Defense Force Portable 3 (Vita) debut - 42,606 (counting each copy in double-pack) + download

Vita hardware - lol

You're mixing trackers here. Garaph is using Famitsu numbers and you compared those numbers to Media Create's.

Cool, never saw that. Anyone know how the numbers on Garaph were calculated? Each double-pack technically is just two game cases inside of a box.

One double pack is one sale.

Foshy

Are those numbers normal/okay for the series?

Media Create:
[PSP] Ys Seven (Nihon Falcom) - 33,349 / 70,280
[PSP] Ys Seven PSP The Best (Nihon Falcom) - 1520 / 11,406
[PSP] Ys I & II: Chronicles (Nihon Falcom) - 18,660 / 31,456
[PSP] Ys: Oath of Felghana (Nihon Falcom) - 16,167 / 30,218

[PSV] Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2012.09.27} (¥7.140) - 42.146

Top Bottom