• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Memorable Concerts

Last concert I saw was Rush, at the Gibson Amphitheatre. They fucking shook that place. It was hotter than shit inside because of the pyrotechnics behind Neil Peart. I couldn't fathom how he takes that heat, when it's literally behind him and I feel like I am about to pop, myself, while being many feet away, than he was! Like I was the Human Popcorn Kernel. Pop Secret shoutout!

SirTerry-T

Buzzcocks at The Kidderminster Market Tavern.

The Breeders at Birmingham's (old) Carling Academy...got a wink from Kim Deal, made my bloody night.

Queens of The Stone Age also at The Academy during their Rated R tour, Josh was off his head on painkillers after knackering his leg and went into this awesome 10 minute jam session in-between songs.

Franz Ferdinand at the London Roundhouse.

Kaiser Chiefs and Grahame Coxon as The Birmingham NIA. Coxon was support and blew the Chiefs away.

Not a big fan of large stadium/arena gigs, much prefer getting to see my favourite bands before they reach that stage.

Oh and The Damned, also at The Hummingbird during one of their many farewell tours ;)

Last edited:

Durien

I used to really be into going to concerts.. probably why I have tinnitus and go what did you say? all the time lol

Favorites I've seen:
Iron Maiden (opening bands: Rob Halford and Queensryche) This was also my wife's favorite concert i have taken her to.
Pink Floyd (Division Bell tour)
White Zombie (put on an incredible show)
Pantera in a super small venue for Vulgar Display of Power. Sacred Reich opened for them)
Black Sabbath Reunion Tour. Pantera opened for them and Incubus
ACDC Razors Edge Tour (my first concert)
Corrosion of Conformity
Tori Amos. Lol you guys are probably like WTF? She is a guilty pleasure and I have seen her live twice. (Although anything past Beekeeper is kind of lost on me)
Taking Back Sunday. I took my son with me to see them when he was 10. This was for Tidal Wave tour.
Letters to Cleo in a small ass club in New London
Lords of Acid. This is a band who knows how to work a crowd. Seriously. I saw them at a small venue in Columbus Ohio.

Ok concerts:
U2
Megadeath
Matchbox 20
Cool for August
Mazzy Star. This was probably the weirdest concert I have been to. I love their music but it was a tiny venue. The band comes out and the place is washed in purple light just bright enough to see her sing. The sound was great though.

Disappointing:
Biggest disappointment was Smashing Pumpkins. I am a HUGE smashing pumpkins fan and I got to see them for their "farewell tour" when the in fighting in the band was its peak. D'arcy already left the band and the band seemed like they just weren't into it. I don't even think there was no encore if I remember right.(Seattle). I was so excited to see them because it was tickets by lottery (standing in line for tickets. Remember this old timers) and I managed to get a pair of general admission for my wife and I. I remember walking out and telling my wife that it was NOT as good as I thought it was going to be.

Bands I wish I could/could have seen:
Slayer, Gojira, Tool (if I could hear Tool play Eulogy and 46 and 2 I would be set) Rammstein

Durien

Mayhem.jpg

Years later it’s still crazy to think aboit
Holy crap dude! That would be a crazy show to see!!

Durien

Slayer. I saw them a bunch of times. Metallica were ok. They're most definitely one of the best live bands on the planet, but Slayer were like normal guys you could hang out with. Who the fuck would want to hang out with Lars? Anyway, the thing I liked most about Tom Araya was he cared about the crowd. I always thought it was real funny how one moment he'd be screaming about ripping people apart. The next he'd be telling everyone to look after each other and making sure nobody was getting hurt. I saw him stop playing a few times when he thought shit was getting out of control, or he saw someone in trouble.
Dude I had the 2 cassette Decade of Agression live set and I remember 3 songs in he is talking between songs and he mentions something like, if you see someone go down help them up. We're all here to help one another. Then I think he goes, our next song is *scream* WAR ENSEMBLE!!!!!!

Top Bottom