• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Slug 6! YEAH BISHES!

So me and thetrin went by an arcade in Kyoto yesterday, primarily to let him try out the F-zero arcade machine. Lots of fun and it was a normal trip, until we ventured over to the corner with all the 2D games/fighters.

And beheld the most beautiful sight in years. A brand new cabby running METAL SLUG ****IN 6!

Absolutely awesome 2D gaming goodness. The game is awesome and the backgrounds are pretty damn stunning in parts. Running off atomiswave wave so they were pretty crisp. The gameplay is of course in intact. It is also awesome that they added ralph and clark from King of Fighters.

Oh you can hold different weapons at the same time, main weapon and 2 other sub weapons. Nice to be able to switch out of your weapons and save the good ones for later.

It had brain sucking metroid looking zombie aliens which were awesome. We even saw aliens eating other aliens. It was awesome SNK humor. Long Metal Slug.

And here are some cellphone pics that we took.

165340410_ca234a5808_o.jpg

165340430_c445348f56_o.jpg

165340389_dfc94fefdf_o.jpg

165340371_c4e7e2e335_o.jpg

border

I would complain that you didn't take any pictures of the game, but then again I doubt they're using any sprites we haven't already seen...

Did you pick up that kid on MySpace or something?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I was just about to complain about no pictures of the game taken as well, but border is probably right. Now I'm trying to figure out who is who in the pictures.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
???

I'm surprised this was your first time seeing the game; I've seen it in even the smallest of inaka arcades around here. :)

border said:
I would complain that you didn't take any pictures of the game, but then again I doubt they're using any sprites we haven't already seen...

Nah, it's got RALF AND CLARK from KOF, and they can even do some of their special moves! Other than that, the game is all "been there, done that." Seemed a lot better than MS4 and MS5 to me though, but still not on the MS1-3 level.

I agree.

Its in an Anchorage movie theater, of all places, and it RAWKS HARD! The cabinet is in terrible shape though. Back to the topic at hand,
-colors that pop off the screen
-gigantic, gigantic bosses
-usual terrific sprite animation
-fantastic backgrounds
-generally pretty awesome

Good to have you back SNK.

Vieo

Why do Japanese arcades look so clean, brightly lit, and like they don't reek of cigarette smoke and old sweat?

shuri

Banned
New metal slug thread with 4 pics, none of them showing the game. Thread delivers!

1146494067730ee068mh.gif

I guess we got to take a look at the flyers!

Vieo said:
Why do Japanese arcades look so clean, brightly lit, and like they don't reek of cigarette smoke and old sweat?

That is definitely a trick of the camera. Japanese arcades are usually even worse than american arcades when it comes to smoke heh.

Gameplay pics? Maybe if I go back with a real camera.

Lyte edge: Really? I think I just never looked in the right spots, plus all the arcades in my area suck. I either have to venture to Osaka or Kyoto for the good stuff.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
border said:

Did you pick up that kid on MySpace or something?

The kid is Budokai, hahah. I`m the fat brown retard, and he`s the emaciated white retard. I still can`t get over how young he looks.

Belfast

Lyte Edge said:
???

I'm surprised this was your first time seeing the game; I've seen it in even the smallest of inaka arcades around here. :)

Nah, it's got RALF AND CLARK from KOF, and they can even do some of their special moves! Other than that, the game is all "been there, done that." Seemed a lot better than MS4 and MS5 to me though, but still not on the MS1-3 level.

We don't exactly have a great arcade selection here in North-Central Florida (of course, Budokai is in Japan now, just saying you aren't going to get jack around here).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Belfast said:
We don't exactly have a great arcade selection here in North-Central Florida (of course, Budokai is in Japan now, just saying you aren't going to get jack around here).

Even here in Japan, it took Budokai and I a trip to Kyoto to find MS6. No place in Namba seems to have it.

thetrin

thefit said:
Dang is that the Ikari warriors? They're back to doing what they do best, capping some ass!

ikariwarriors_3.jpg

Indeed it is the Ikari Warriors. Most of the stuff they do in MS6 is taken from KOF, though, such as win poses, etc.

Belfast said:
Well, the university's arcade DID have 5 for a little while. It was your standard old red Neo-Geo cab though.

Wait....belfast you are a Gator? Do we know each other?

Oh and if you are talking about 5 at the Reitz, the shoot button on P2 was broken like a bitch when I played it. I had to pound on it with my fist to get it working. Added a whole new element to the game..haha.

Brofist

finally played this today, pretty decent. I don't usually go to the arcades , even though there are about 5 or 6 within 5 minutes from my apt :p

For the guys living in the Osaka area the Tenjinbashi shotengai has a ton of arcades, most if not all are 50 yen a play.

thetrin

kpop100 said:
finally played this today, pretty decent. I don't usually go to the arcades , even though there are about 5 or 6 within 5 minutes from my apt :p

For the guys living in the Osaka area the Tenjinbashi shotengai has a ton of arcades, most if not all are 50 yen a play.

Namba tends to have more arcades, and better selection. Tenjinbashi is cheaper though. I`ll probably go play MS6 this weekend in Namba.

Brofist

TheTrin said:
Namba tends to have more arcades, and better selection. Tenjinbashi is cheaper though. I`ll probably go play MS6 this weekend in Namba.

Well when it's a difference of a couple minute walk versus a 20 minute subway ride, and in addition the games are 50 yen versus most Namba arcades which are 100 yen there is no comparison :)

You live in Osaka? What part?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The machine I played this game on had the white blood thing going on again; I heard this game has NO blood and gruesome deaths whatsoever....is this true?

rafman400 said:
They still make these???
my neo geo pocket copy of metal slug 2 is good enough.

Of course they do. Metal Slug 6 is hitting the PS2 next month, too, with the 3D Metal Slug following shortly thereafter. I'm probably going to pick up MS6; I skipped out on MS4 and MS5 since they were most definitely not of the same quality as MS1-3. MS6 seemed pretty decent from what I tried of it; I really liked Ralf and Clark and their KOF moves. :)

thetrin

kpop100 said:
Well when it's a difference of a couple minute walk versus a 20 minute subway ride, and in addition the games are 50 yen versus most Namba arcades which are 100 yen there is no comparison :)

You live in Osaka? What part?

Well, you do have a point. Maybe we should go to Osaka together next weekend? Budokai and I will probably head that direction on Monday.

Technically I live between Osaka and Kobe. I live in Sakasegawa (part of Takarazuka). If I take Hankyu through Nishinomiya Kitaguchi, it takes about 20 min to Umeda.

Lyte Edge said:
The machine I played this game on had the white blood thing going on again; I heard this game has NO blood and gruesome deaths whatsoever....is this true?

It`s probably a dip switch setting. The machine in Kyoto also had white blood (sweat?) on.

Lyte Edge said:
Of course they do. Metal Slug 6 is hitting the PS2 next month, too, with the 3D Metal Slug following shortly thereafter. I'm probably going to pick up MS6; I skipped out on MS4 and MS5 since they were most definitely not of the same quality as MS1-3. MS6 seemed pretty decent from what I tried of it; I really liked Ralf and Clark and their KOF moves. :)

I don`t know man. I really enjoyed MS5. So much so, that I have it for Neo Geo AES. It`s definitely not the best in the series, but it`s far better than 4.

Just a heads up, Einsteins in Austin has Metal slug 6 for 50 cents :) It's a really fun game. I go and play a few dollars worth after my classes.

Top Bottom