• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Exodus: Complete Edition - PS5 4K 60FPS Gameplay (with RT)

beautiful game , the sonics are fkin freaky , that weird laugh in train when i burnt the spiders webs was a wtffff moment lol , dropped the gamma , so the darks , in dark , very atmospheric , troddin slowly through train near start , taking in the atmosphere. awesome. gonna enjoy this.

scydrex

I played the first one on PC. Then played again and last light on PS4 last year. When i get the PS5 will get this and play it at 60fps along Rachet. This game looks good now.

the lighting , is something to behold , and by the way , that big rat thing just made me jump and shout fk me! lmao , aint had a scare like that for ages , the atmosphere leaves any game I've played yet in dust . i thought kingdom come deliverance was atmospheric , fkin awesome. :)

RookX22

I wish I got this for PS5, I already owned it on PC so I finished it when the enhanced came out, but that hdr is so nice. I play my PC and PS5 on the same 55 900h but HDR on PC is never the same as on the console.

Game is $19.xx on US PS Store for those of you with PS Plus Sub, game is also on sale in other regions for more or less the same super discounted price if you've PS Plus sub. It gives you instant free access to PS5 version.

xrnzaaas

Game is $19.xx on US PS Store for those of you with PS Plus Sub, game is also on sale in other regions for more or less the same super discounted price if you've PS Plus sub. It gives you instant free access to PS5 version.
Yeah I was thinking about picking up a retail version, but the PS+ discount for the PS4 gold edition (with the free next-gen upgrade) is very good.

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
rms9FCK.jpg

TheGejsza

Can I download PS5 version without installing PS4 version? I just ordered PS4 used copy to get the update. Also what's with the 4k texture pack? It seems wrong to have additional texture package in a separate download... it's not PC...

thatJohann

Can I download PS5 version without installing PS4 version? I just ordered PS4 used copy to get the update. Also what's with the 4k texture pack? It seems wrong to have additional texture package in a separate download... it's not PC...
Wait, is there a 4K texture pack for the PS5 version? How do I download it?

jbortz78

Never played any of the Metro games before but couldn’t resist when only 200 SEK, will play right after me and my buddy get tired of Outriders☀️

kingwingin

Played on one x at launch, got the bad ending. Just ordered ps5 version from Amazon, price was right and never played the dlc. Can't wait!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Would like to feel the guns with dualsense. Shooting in this was fun.
Is HDR broken, washed out like on pc ?

shubik

I totally forgot how intense the game is. Playing stealth feels so badass. And the PS5 version looks and runs fantastic so far

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Would like to feel the guns with dualsense. Shooting in this was fun.
Is HDR broken, washed out like on pc ?
Dualsense is supported with Metro on PC too, if I recall that correctly....

Can someone clear up something for me?

This game has screen space reflections in the PS5 version, but I thought RT was a replacement for such things? SSR becomes very apparent when you are near water.

Also, not sure where the 4k textures are...the game looks nice overall but any close scrutiny of textures are blurry and even pixelated.

Piggoro

Can someone clear up something for me?

This game has screen space reflections in the PS5 version, but I thought RT was a replacement for such things? SSR becomes very apparent when you are near water.

Also, not sure where the 4k textures are...the game looks nice overall but any close scrutiny of textures are blurry and even pixelated.
Supposedly the main visual upgrade is ray-traced Global Illumination.
But lots of other elements of the game's graphics are kinda low'ish quality because of budget, etc. I noticed some textures are blurry because there are occasional loading issues. And some textures are just blurry to begin with even in 4k.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Bought the Ps4 version on PSN dirt cheap the other day, and have just downloaded the Ps5 version. Looking forward to cracking on with it this weekend (or Ratchet - I suddenly have a glut of games to play)

Thanks for mentioning this before the sale ended. Was interested in the game but wasn't looking to pay full price for it. 20 bucks is an autobuy.

Top Bottom