• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft acquired A-B. I have a dream, a humble Arcanum dream.

Labadal

My dream is fairly small scale. I don't care about market monopoly. I don't care about Microsoft buying everything. I don't care about Sony or Nintendo having to start consolidating other studios. None of that matters to me.

I have a dream, and that dream involves Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

My favorite role playing game of all time. Activision-Blizzard own the IP. There was never going to be any new Arcanum game while they have the rights. Microsoft bought A-B. Microsoft studios have several role playing games in development.

The creators of Arcanum are now at Microsoft, via Obsidian. Tim Cain, and Leonard Boyarsky. It will probably never happen, or if it happens, the game will probably suck.

Still, I have a dream that I will get a sequel to Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, good or bad.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Too many rpgs…we need a tenchu game stat

Yeah exactly, with no upgrade bullshit, you're just awesome and can do everything from the start and the loadout and how you play/what you figure out is how you do cooler stuff, not putting a point into a lite-rpg skill tree.

You unlock one or more new characters when you beat it and thats how you get new takedowns/abilities. Have the levels be like MGS V installations where there are little secret passages and different routes and you discover them all via replaying as the different characters. Then have secret mini bosses and areas that the different routes take you through, side objectives as another reason to replay the levels and unlock some alternative takedowns or cosmetics by doing them.

Banjo64

cumsessed
All of these studios have moved on from their parked IP. No one is going to work on Banjo, Conker, Arcanum, Magick - hell, I doubt Microsoft will even work on Spyro or Crash despite their recent popularity given Toys for Bob and Vicarious were rolled in to CoD.

Sorry bro, genuinely. Those IPs will be left in the ground as much as it hurts.

amigastar

I remember playing Arcanum back in the days. If i'm not mistaken it had an eerie atmosphere. Would love to get a proper sequel, though.

Labadal

All of these studios have moved on from their parked IP. No one is going to work on Banjo, Conker, Arcanum, Magick - hell, I doubt Microsoft will even work on Spyro or Crash despite their recent popularity given Toys for Bob and Vicarious were rolled in to CoD.

Sorry bro, genuinely. Those IPs will be left in the ground as much as it hurts.
I mean, the chances of any sort of Arcanum game under Acti was non-existent. Under Microsoft, the chances are 0%.

I still dream.

DiILXAHUwAUmBGN

Last edited:
I admire your optimism TC but Microsoft isn't interested in creating an obscure RPG they're chasing the mainstream.

Same with Obsidian: instead of CRPGs they got into making woke Outer Worlds.

Top Bottom