• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards Pricing Glitch - 1 month GPU redeeming for 3 month GPU

ReBurn

Gold Member
H1urDrD.jpg

Looks like MS may be catching on...

Mythoclast

Thank you!

No, they're earned by doing daily tasks, bing searches, quests on the game pass app etc.

This thread should get you started on the basics

There's also a very popular reddit (linked above by twilo99 twilo99 ) that you can use to see any offers etc.

twilo99

Its showing unavailable for me as well.. I think its gg at this point. I got 2 codes, hopefully they still work in a few months time.

intbal

Not technically related to this topic, but in the currently running "Ultimate Game Sale", you can buy one month of Game Pass Ultimate for $1. It doesn't show up on the console if you go to the normal Game Pass tab. You have to go to the Ultimate Game Sale in the Store tab.

Edit: Delay that. Clicking on the $1 offer takes you to the regular $16.99 price. I'm not going to waste any money testing to see if it actually goes through at $1.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not technically related to this topic, but in the currently running "Ultimate Game Sale", you can buy one month of Game Pass Ultimate for $1. It doesn't show up on the console if you go to the normal Game Pass tab. You have to go to the Ultimate Game Sale in the Store tab.

Edit: Delay that. Clicking on the $1 offer takes you to the regular $16.99 price. I'm not going to waste any money testing to see if it actually goes through at $1.

$1 is only for first time users, or those whose subs have lapsed, if I'm not mistaken.

How do I get MS Rewards points? Can I straight up buy them?
You waste hours of your time doing searches and other stupid crap for a few $ of MS digital gifts. I value my free time too much to bother but some people fall for it. I guess if your really poor or something maybe there's a draw.

peish

You waste hours of your time doing searches and other stupid crap for a few $ of MS digital gifts. I value my free time too much to bother but some people fall for it. I guess if your really poor or something maybe there's a draw.

actually it is at most 5 mins a day

Antwix

I spend like 3 minutes a day doing it usually in bed in the morning, in bed at night, or on the toilet. You must be one of those people who is doing productive work 24/7/365 without a single minute to spare every day.

Regardless, some people's hobby is deal finding and saving money. Doesn't matter if you're super wealthy or super poor.

actually it is at most 5 mins a day
OK so 30 or 31 days in a month multiplied by 5 minutes equals around 2.5 hours spent . What's a good month ? $5 or $10 in "rewards". You are spending hours of your time to get a few digital dollars but like I said some people like it , not for me though.

ReBurn

Gold Member
You waste hours of your time doing searches and other stupid crap for a few $ of MS digital gifts. I value my free time too much to bother but some people fall for it. I guess if you're really poor or something maybe there's a draw.
Some people might. I run a script to do most of the web-based rewards stuff. Except for quizzes because I like doing those myself. I probably spend less than 20 minutes per month specifically doing stuff for rewards and usually net between 14K and 18K reward points.

mrcroket

OK so 30 or 31 days in a month multiplied by 5 minutes equals around 2.5 hours spent . What's a good month ? $5 or $10 in "rewards". You are spending hours of your time to get a few digital dollars but like I said some people like it , not for me though.
So you take advantage of every single minute 100% of your free time? You can do it while you're on the toilet, while you're waiting for a coffee or on the subway, or basically any of those downtimes.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
So you take advantage of every single minute 100% of your free time? You can do it while you're on the toilet, while you're waiting for a coffee or on the subway, or basically any of those downtimes.

Lol, exactly. Nobody's giving up their job to farm reward points, and everyone has a commute, or a few minutes while their girlfriend is trying on something in a shop, etc.

Might as well make something from nothing.

Ar¢tos

Lol, exactly. Nobody's giving up their job to farm reward points, and everyone has a commute, or a few minutes while their girlfriend is trying on something in a shop, etc.

Might as well make something from nothing.
You could read books. With books there is always the chance of learning something.

Danknugz

you're, not your, in english this is known as a "contraction", third grade grammar level.

Last edited:

Kilau

It's fine if you don't want to do it but it really is just a few minutes a day. I average about 25K - 30K points depending on bonus streaks. It's also not just MS digital items, you get a better return on the points if it's MS stuff, but I just did $500 to Amazon last month with nothing but points from one account.

twilo99

I got it down to 10 mins/day and I get around ~16000 points/month. Easy money lol

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Cancelled and refunded.

A better outcome than being given actual one month codes, so I'm not bothered.

Congrats to those who got through in time!

Goalus

You can also simply switch your default search engine to Bing and earn points for actual search requests you were going to do anyway. I did this on my company laptop even, which means that I earn rewards points every day during my regular work without wasting a single minute.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Cancelled and refunded.

A better outcome than being given actual one month codes, so I'm not bothered.

Congrats to those who got through in time!

Yeah, read that on the reddit today. Those whose orders were stuck in pending got canceled and refunded, but looks like those who managed to use the codes beforehand were ok.

I'll keep an eye on my rewards page in the next couple of days see if they try some bullshittery and revert my GP time, I don't think (or hope) they should, since these are already redeemed months. But you never know.

Top Bottom