• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midnight Club

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Fuck me what an utter load of old bollocks.

Just finished wasting 10hrs of my life on this and now have to endure "I told you it was shit" from the wife for the next couple of days because I kept holding out thinking it was gonna get gud, it was gonna explain everything with a great ending.. but nope, it fizzled out explaining nothing and is easily his worst show to date after the excellent Haunting of Hill House, so so Blythe Manner and fantastic Midnight Mass.

Avoid like the fucking plague people, and if you did like it..

What Is Wrong With You Season 2 GIF by The Office

Finished it this morning. Took me forever. Kept falling asleep and having to go back to rewatch it. I've been on the last few episodes for a while lol. Really was shit.

Haunting of hill house + Midnight Mass were my favourites.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Finished it this morning. Took me forever. Kept falling asleep and having to go back to rewatch it. I've been on the last few episodes for a while lol. Really was shit.

Haunting of hill house + Midnight Mass were my favourites.
It went completely nowhere, it was almost Scooby Doo levels of ending/reveal, the only 2 wee stupid ass stories worth a shit where The Irish & Asian girls... Fucking 10hrs...

jason10mm

Gold Member
I punched out after ep 3 or so.

Waaaaay too much YA nonsense.and those actors, aside from a few, were terrible.

Nice to see Heather Langencamp again though.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It had promise. I'm on episode 8 I think. I'm mainly watching it because my girlfriend is. I'd have dropped it already. It's not scary at all and half the characters are shit.

FunkMiller

Shame. Flanagan has genuinely good directing and story chops.

Still hoping one day he can convince Netflix to let him do The Dark Tower properly.

cormack12

Gold Member
It's Christopher Pike material, it's meant for 13-15 year olds (despite what the age boards say). The certificate probably gave adults wrong expectations.

I finished it last week. Had some scenes that were very R.L. Stine and others that were probably genuinely creepy for that teen age group. Easily the weakest of the things he has put out for me personally though. I kind of feel if he continues down this path of broken people/melancholy his work will just appear more and more contrived though.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I dunno, as a former 13-15 year old at that age I wanted "adult" stuff like drinking, smoking, and fucking with a heavy dose of shock horror, thrill seeking, and gore.

Def not "I have cancer and am gonna die" melancholy drama mixed with light cult stuff or whatever that was.

Unless it's meant for teen girls, in that case it was sadly lacking in dreamy guys.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Quite the diverse cast in this one. Feels studio mandated. There are like 10 characters total and three of them are gay. The girl who is gay might as well not be as it has no effect on her character even in the slightest.

Top Bottom