• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midnight snacking sucks

That shit got me good tonight. Fuckkkk. I could have just went to bed and woke up nice and thin. Now I gotta wake up with all these extra calories installed. Bad ones too. Ate clean the whole day and felt good until midnight. Brushed my teeth too. I was good for the day. Man fuck Pringles.

I know I'm not alone. How in control are you of yourself when midnight hits? If you have any anti midnight tactics please share.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I used to eat like a big bag of skittles in the middle of the night. Now I’m on dat time restricted eating

I used to eat like a big bag of skittles in the middle of the night. Now I’m on dat time restricted eating
Do you ever forget that your window is closed for the day?

I've been googling ways to stop unconsciously roaming into the kitchen for good. Found something I think is a good idea, which is to play relaxing music around bed time. Some ambient tunes should sedate my ass and eliminate any thoughts of eating. I do still wanna hear more from others.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Get some (proper, not the added sugar shit) beef jerky. It's not cheap but it's tasty and you can eat a bunch of it without feeling guilty since it's mostly just protein.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Did you, by any chance, get beaten up while midnight snacking?

bati

I used to snack all the time but after about 3 months of gym and strict eating schedule I completely lost the cravings. Part of it is the evenly timed meals but eating less in general also makes a difference because your stomach shrinks over time.

Having a set of goals (weight loss, muscle gain, whatever) is also a huge contributor to managing cravings.

Dunki

I eat a lot after 11 and I fucking love it. But I am also a person who does not gain weight at all. I am 1,9m and 68kg.......

I used to love going down to 7/11 late night and getting a bag of starburst gummies, white chocolate peanut butter cups, and those purple bag Takis

Last edited:

Dunki

I used to love going down to 7/11 late night and getting a bag of starburst gummies, white chocolate peanut butter cups, and those purple bag Takis
When I was a student I often did eat this stuff at midnight^^

bratkartoffeln-mit-currywurst-rezept-bild-nr-1190.jpg

Antoon

Banned
I hate any sweet junk food. But if its salty and crispy, with some 'bio' or 'organic' label on it, then I may bite.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I don't eat anything after 8pm, most of the time I can finish eating before 7pm. Then I skip breakfast and eat lunch at 11:30am. This gives me at least 15.5 hours of an empty stomach to burn fat with.

Last edited:

Dark Star

best way to avoid snacking is to not buy any snacks! lol

really, just buy REAL food, cook your meals, drink a lot of water/fluids instead.
it's not that hard, even if you're too lazy to count calories or exactly measure your salt/sodium intake.
just eat clean.

if you keep chips, cookies, candy, soda, beer, frozen meals, etc out of your house, then it will be much easier to avoid it late at night.boredom and stress eating are real things, and they'll creep up on you.

Last edited:

Ellis

Misses wakes me up in the middle of the night for a quickie regularly, so I tend to get a few Jaffa Cakes down me beforehand.

Fucking on an empty stomach isn't fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom