• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Story Mode: The Complete Adventure launches on Switch today

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nintendo Switch Minecraft Story Mode

img_20170822_083627smsfo.jpg

Price - $39.99
Availability - August 22nd Physical & Digital

Vanillalite

So, how is this? Haven't played a TT game since Walking Dead Season 2.

It's not super grown up. Don't expect TT Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us.

That being said it's got a great cast, and if you like Minecraft it's solid. I thought it was fun as my kids wanted a copy. No reason the Switch version won't be the same as all the other.

Can anyone confirm if the cart has all the episodes on and there is no need to download any of them?

No clue. Nobody's really covered this release. :/

AEREC

Interested to see the technical performance on Switch if only to get an idea of what to expect for Batman.

Is Minecraft Story mode on other console pretty janky?

The "Details on the back of the box" note at the bottom of the cover implies that some download might be needed

That's incredibly disappointing. TellTale should only release physical versions of their games after each episode has release, and each one is available without download. It's frustrating as a person who can't download games to a console (University blocks internet on consoles) and for them to continue putting out discs that contain like 5-7GB of data / two-three episodes on a disc and the rest is required as a download is disappointing as fuck.

It's especially shit for Switch users with such a limited data capability (I haven't really looked into it and if you can have more than the 32GB given on the console, please let me know if you can increase storage).

I also feel weird for them to call it "The Complete Adventure" knowing that Season 2 is a thing with episodes already released.

So, how is this? Haven't played a TT game since Walking Dead Season 2.

As someone who has played most of their games, it's probably my least favorite. It's geared towards a younger audience for sure. I only played it because I got it for free from Xbox Rewards.

Vanillalite

It's especially shit for Switch users with such a limited data capability (I haven't really looked into it and if you can have more than the 32GB given on the console, please let me know if you can increase storage).

Micro SD card slot behind the kick stand.

qanters

That's incredibly disappointing. TellTale should only release physical versions of their games after each episode has release, and each one is available without download. It's frustrating as a person who can't download games to a console (University blocks internet on consoles) and for them to continue putting out discs that contain like 5-7GB of data / two-three episodes on a disc and the rest is required as a download is disappointing as fuck.

I also feel weird for them to call it "The Complete Adventure" knowing that Season 2 is a thing with episodes already released.

The 'complete adventure' on PS4 and XBOX ONE had them on disk so i dont know why it would be different for Switch.

Micro SD card slot behind the kick stand.
That's good to know, especially for my brother who bought a Switch in June.

The 'complete adventure' on PS4 and XBOX ONE had them on disk so i dont know why it would be different for Switch.
I left off the part explaining my disagreement with 'The Complete Adventure' so I should expand on that.

I'm uncomfortable with it because there's already a Season Two with multiple episodes released, therefore when a person buys this version of the game they are not getting 'The Complete Adventure'. I feel that subtitle should have been left for a finished series.

Robin64

Interestingly, the EU box doesn't have "Details on back of box" like the US one does. LEGO City all over again?

Interestingly, the EU box doesn't have "Details on back of box" like the US one does. LEGO City all over again?

I picked it up and the "details on the back" are just "Contains Episodes 1-5 of the Main Story and 3 Episodes of The Adventure Pass". So not sure why it has to look like bad news on the front.

Just looked up some "Gameplay" and I hate everything about this game. The designs of the original characters, the dialogue, the lack of meaningful interactivity, etc. Pure garbo.

It's amazing how TT has been making only one kind of game for so long now and still haven't bothered releasing anything better than their first attempt (besides maybe the Wolf Among Us, I guess).

Symphonic

That's good to know, especially for my brother who bought a Switch in June.

I left off the part explaining my disagreement with 'The Complete Adventure' so I should expand on that.

I'm uncomfortable with it because there's already a Season Two with multiple episodes released, therefore when a person buys this version of the game they are not getting 'The Complete Adventure'. I feel that subtitle should have been left for a finished series.

Season 1 = one series/adventure. Makes sense to me.

BizzyBum

This game kinda came and went on the Switch, huh?

I picked it up and played through all 8 episodes and thought it was pretty good. The story had some interesting turns in the second half and the characters and VO's were all great. Gameplay was mostly small detective area's or just QTE's but I wasn't expecting anything amazing since these games are basically interactive shows. The only thing bad about the Switch version is the framerate really suffered in some parts. I'm talking like single digit levels during some scenes and this was in dock mode. lol

I didn't even know Season 2 started already. I'll probably just wait until S2 is done and wait for the inevitable Switch version before checking it out.

Top Bottom