• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mod to the future

StueyDuck

So for some dumb reason I've gotten back into arma 3... (well not dumb, games just aren't good now)

And I decided to put a little more time into the modding scene, before I just was told by friends what mod they were all playing and then joined.

So this week I learnt of antistasi and the mod is absolutely awesome, a great concept executed to a fairly reasonable degree (in which a mod could be)

So that leads me to the point of this thread. I could see this mod being really massive if it was created from the ground up as an entirely new game, much like we've seen with days and pubg and extraction games etc as they all started as mods. It's essentially a persistent 3 way war with the player being one faction, the point is to reclaim the map and you do so by doing missions, claiming outposts, buying ai team mates to protect you and your zones and so on and so forth, essentially everything I loved about wildlands but even better because it is a persistent war.

So What weird and wonderful modding scene modes could you see taking off as the "next big thing" in the future? If they were to be given a time an budget?

(Stealth thread to find and play new interesting modes coming from community content)

Last edited:

killatopak

Reminder that MOBA, and Counterstrike all originated as mods.

It’s hard to say. Most mods that go big and make their own genre are usually MP oriented so I’ll start from there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom