• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Momodora releasing on PS4 this week on US PSN (PSVita also rated)

Tizoc

Source

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=momodora
Game was rated by PEGI so EU and Vita release is forthcoming too.

Momodora Reverie under the Moonlight is a Metroidvania-like game that was well regarded by SteamGAF, and heck it's very well reviewed on Steam
PWHTlHS.png

You don't need to play the other Momodora games but def. give this a chance if you like the genre.

Game is likely to go for $9.99 as that's its base steam price.

gngf123

People, buy this game. You won't be disappointed.

It made my GOTY list last year. It's somewhat short, but really great.

Cleve

Will day 1 on vita, hope they decide to target more portable platforms, this game was great on PC, the only thing that could make it better is playing on the go.

Mephala

Hmmm... Must resist urge to double dip for Vita...

Excellent game! i enjoyed this far more than Salt & Sanctuary released in the same year though both are pretty different. This has the atmosphere of Dark Souls a bit better and a more coherent art direction.

Iokis

People, buy this game. You won't be disappointed.

It made my GOTY list last year. It's somewhat short, but really great.

Same. This game is astonishingly good.

Seeing rdein's trajectory from Momodora I through to RUtM is really something. You can see how he grew as a designer and a developer through those games and makes the prospect of a Momodora V (or whatever he ends up doing) really exciting.

Durante

tumblr_o3od6t9DYw1u4rawro3_500.gif

1. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight ; Unlike deciding the rest of my list, this game was not actually a difficult pick for number one. When I finished it rather early in 2016, I actually did something I have never done before: because it was rather early in the year, I wrote it down as a potential GotY pick, so that there is no chance for me to forget about it.
To me, it was that rare game which is almost entirely perfect: perfect pacing, perfect gameplay, perfect atmosphere, perfect music, perfect controls, perfect level design, perfect difficulty, perfect length, perfect art. I honestly can not think of anything I would change about it to improve it. And that's why it is my Game of the Year.

2. The Witness ; Just how much I enjoyed the Witness came as a surprise to me, but doing 100% of it without any assistance made me really appreciate the design of many of its puzzles, particularly the environmental ones. It probably also helped that I played it basically in "co-op".

3. SHENZHEN I/O ; A well-designed sequel to one of my favourite games of all time (TIS-100). Extends its possibilities and offers some more story, while not quite reaching its level of addictiveness, at least for me -- and honestly, that's a good thing for my health.
Not even in the eligible table - GAF sucks.

[...]
Buy this game.

iiicon

Nice. I hope this exposure leads to greater success for the game and devs, because it's truly an incredible game.

As the creator of this game's OT I also want to note that I thought it was excellent and well worth the price. If you feel you're pretty decent at 2D action games I suggest you start on Hard when you pick this up. It's especially difficult at first where most things will kill you with two hits but it feels right and makes you appreciate the combat more.

I want to replay it right now just to do the boss fights over again.

CHC

Any chance for cross-buy, assuming that it actually is coming to Vita? I have this on my Steam wishlist but these kinds of things are just much better on the small screen while chilling in a comfy spot.

I've been waiting for the PS4 release for a few months now, totally forgot about it somewhere in between and now it's here, love when this shit happens.

Will buy this stat, looks really really nice.

Hybris

Huh, I usually love these types of games, but this one didn't click with me. Perhaps I'll give it another try sometime.

Even Momodora 3's clunky controls didn't stop me from loving the game, and I've only heard Reverie Under the Moonlight gets better. See if I might pick it up on PS4 after beating NieR: Automata. Long as it doesn't get a spontaneous price bump I'm totally up for double-dipping.
Though I should probably ask for a refund on Steam...

I bought this on Steam back at release and never ended up playing it much. I'm just not a big gamer on my PC.

Will def be getting it on Xbox now though to play! :D

From what I played on PC the animation was gorgeous.

Top Bottom