• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter franchise 15th Anniversary video from CAPCOM

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Brief sizzle-screen at the end for the upcoming Iceborne expansion to Monster Hunter world.

Share your fond memories of the series. I started with MH Portable on PSP and sunk 1000s of hours into Freedom Unite in particular. I skipped 3. I got roped back in with 4 Generations, which cost me another 1,500 hours. Generations was great but I was a bit burned out. Only about 150 hours.

I'm hyped for Iceborne, too!

Yagami_Sama

Man, 15 years. I am really getting old.

I first played Monster Hunter G on Wii, which came with a demo of Monster Hunter 3, and Tri was the one which I played a lot back on the day, more tha 300 hours,, followed by 3G on 3DS and Wii U, 527 hours, 4, 217 hours, 4G, X and XX,, not sure how many I played on X, which I played both on 3DS and Switch, because Switch activity "logger" sucks.

Monster Hunter World did not appeal to me, for some reason, the game is the weakest entry on the series for me.

Anyway, let's see what Capcom will do next with the franchise after Iceborne. Since world was a hit, maybe this will be the standard now. But I am in for a classic experience with some quality of life improvements. Ahen, Monster Hunter Portable 5.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Man, 15 years. I am really getting old.

I first played Monster Hunter G on Wii, which came with a demo of Monster Hunter 3, and Tri was the one which I played a lot back on the day, more tha 300 hours,, followed by 3G on 3DS and Wii U, 527 hours, 4, 217 hours, 4G, X and XX,, not sure how many I played on X, which I played both on 3DS and Switch, because Switch activity "logger" sucks.

Monster Hunter World did not appeal to me, for some reason, the game is the weakest entry on the series for me.

Anyway, let's see what Capcom will do next with the franchise after Iceborne. Since world was a hit, maybe this will be the standard now. But I am in for a classic experience with some quality of life improvements. Ahen, Monster Hunter Portable 5.
I'd love a true MHP5 on the Switch.

BTHR Zero X

I remember my first Fatalis kill on the PS2 with the Online Network Adapter, that was some good gaming right there.

I’m playing World now. Even got a month of Plus to play with my daughter (hate how multi is done here, local multi is way better). Every game, I main a different weapon. I’ve done hammer (MHFU), great sword (MH3U), charge blade (MH4), S&S (MHG), insect Glaive (MHGU), and now I’m doing lance with World. It’s really incredible how much it changes the game. It really makes every game feel like a new experience and those first few hours learning a new weapon is my favorite part - it takes about 50 hours to get good at it though.

So far, though, I like the Switch one (MHGU) way better than World. Old school is the best school.

kingwingin

I remember seeing this at ebgames way back in the day. Bought it and had no idea what i was doing so i ended up selling it to a friend. He loved it and showed me how to play so i went back and bought a second copy.

Never played a version after that one, been thinking of picking up worlds

Shifty

I first touched the series back on PSP, completely bounced off it because I couldn't finish one of the early game "here are how the systems work" quests. That's right, I failed at fishing.

I got in properly in 2012 when 3U came out for the Wii U. I believe it was the Game Grumps' feature on it that piqued my interest, and before I knew it I was hooked. Played a whole bunch of online with randoms and had a by-and-large good time.

World has gotta be my best experience with the series so far though, mainly because it got a wider appeal going to the point where I was able to convince a couple of my buddies to get in on it and party up. Hours upon hours of co-op fun. And waiting far too long for people to manage their damn items.

Last edited:
Top Bottom