• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More footage of Duke Nukem Forever 2001 build emerges (and my heart aches)

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This is apparently footage from unknown Frederic Schreiber private stream.
The 2001 unreal engine build was almost complete and Randy saying it's just a few scraps of gameplay is very inaccurate. Frederic said year ago it's at least 12 hours.
Even if it's not playable or scripted or whatever... I don't Care. I am 30yo now, the year is 2020 and I am still watching that 2001 DNF trailer.
Someone at gearbox or Schreiber must show some mercy... Leak it, release it at whatever state. Just do something! :(

TaroYamada

I played through and beat Duke Nukem Forever, and the expansion.

I share your wishes that this would be leaked however

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The environments are cool, like next gen Duke Nukem 3D, similar design but higher capabilities. But the game didn't sound all that great with the serious/horror focus or whatever crap they were doing. Probably still better than the game that actually got released but that's not an achievement.

Last edited:
Yeah, that certainly would've wowed me. The final product never could've lived up to expectations, because (and this is my personal opinion) games were still truly groundbreaking, doing things never seen before.

gundalf

The rain looks really good. I’m surprised this is from 2001.

Na, not really. The rain you seen in those captures are simply an overlaid "GIF" and not dynamic at all. Though there is nothing wrong with that, real time graphics is all about tricks.

GrayFoxPL

Don't do this to me.

NrabKmV.gif

GreatnessRD

Duke Nukem in this climate today? I couldn't even begin to imagine a Duke game in Generation Snowflake. But on the topic at hand, looks like it was gonna be righteous.

Madonis

It's probably for the best that Duke Nukem is dead as a property right now, after Forever disappointed most gamers, but it's good to see more of what could have been a solid sequel.

Coflash

My god, I would still play the hell out of that.

The visuals are great too - when you compare it to other games of the time it really stands out.

Top Bottom