• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More proof of Nintendo having best, solid, reliable, and sturdy hardware...

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
What have you done!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

Petopia

Banned
Nah they dont cause the switch still has problems like drifting analog sticks and broken plastic catch hinges on joycons.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Didn't realize this thread was 15 years old.

But I've never had a piece of Nintendo hardware break on me.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Easy to make reliable hardware when you don't push the envelope, anywhere. Who doesn't want a 15-year necrobump? :)

Last edited:
That's why i pay a 13€ monthly assurance sub for my note 9. If it's broken or stolen, i get a new one.
I don't get the point of this comparaison when you can pay for assurances.
Can we play Switch under the water with sand on it, like i can with my Note 9?

.... fan boys love their plastic toy.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Well, the Switch bends with too much heat, the plastic breaks off and the docks scratches it (same was true with the 3DS, the bottom screen scratched the top screen). The Joycon drift is apparently a widespread problem and in my experience the D-Pad on the Pro Controller sucks.

Edit: I forgot about the hinges cracking on the DS Lite.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Didn't realize this thread was 15 years old.
It's fascinating reading 15 year old posts. Seeing what people were thinking during the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube generation without the knowledge of the consoles that came after. It' like opening a time capsule.

LOL, or maybe it's just me but I do find it fascinating.

Edit: I was just thinking. These 15 year old posts were made about a month a half before Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door came out. I bet people were anticipating that.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

The GBA SP batteries are absolutely insane, l haven't charged it in like ten years and the other it turned on with a green light and I played for 30 minutes. Like wtf.

TacosNSalsa

The GBA SP batteries are absolutely insane, l haven't charged it in like ten years and the other it turned on with a green light and I played for 30 minutes. Like wtf.
It's obviously feeding off the life force of people in your household . Has anyone gotten sick in the last 10 years, even a cold? Well there ya go...

Shaqazooloo

Other than the hinges breaking off of one of my 3DS's all my Nintendo systems work well and are still intact. I remember my Gamecube took a tumble down a flight of stairs but it still come out fine.

2004 was a really solid time for Nintendo stuff. Lots of great Gamecube games and GPA stuff as well. Hell, I still regularly played my N64 at that time.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yeah, lol. The same thing happened with my Gameboy Micro. I couldn’t believe it.

fatty

That's why i pay a 13€ monthly assurance sub for my note 9. If it's broken or stolen, i get a new one.
I don't get the point of this comparaison when you can pay for assurances.
Can we play Switch under the water with sand on it, like i can with my Note 9?

.... fan boys love their plastic toy.

Wow, that is almost $15 USD a month, that will quickly add up. Buying warranties or insurance for electronics, that is something I would recommend against.

Meesh

...I don't think anybody here would disagree that Nintendo has reliable hardware.
To touch on this, the only thing I'd like to add is now that Nintendo is more portable than ever It would be nice to see water resistant hardware from them.

It's totally reliable. I dont even care about that. I care about how the games perform and look. When you sell me doom at sub 720 and half the framerate as your competitors for full price your system sucks.

unluckily dropped my 3ds (not the first time); still works but there is a darker zone in one of the corners of the 3d screen. In general it's been reliable, though there was a time (long ago) that when there was a software error, it would turn off. It's been long since it has been corrected via software updates, and now when there is an error at least it gives a message, but back then I felt like rage-smashing it, because it would not give any kind of feedback and I thought that it was a hardware problem

Zannegan

The days of "nintendium" went out with the DS hinge-cracking problem, IMO, but yes they do have a long legacy of relatively reliable hardware.

nkarafo

I remember a store owner who had a PS1 and a N64 for demonstration in a storefront where the consoles were exposed to a lot of sunlight for the whole duration of that generation. So these consoles were going to be operating at least 8 hours a day in a very harsh environment, especially the summers. So in the span of 4-5 years he had to replace the PS1 several times. But he only needed one N64, though he had to replace the power brick once.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
It's totally reliable. I dont even care about that. I care about how the games perform and look. When you sell me doom at sub 720 and half the framerate as your competitors for full price your system sucks.
What good are looks if you can't look at them?
1539001923952.jpg

Top Bottom