• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1 Gameplay is being revealed on June 8

poodaddy

I'm just gonna pre order anyway. I trust the story mode will be a banger.
I tried to get the ok to preorder even though I never preorder anything......wife shot it down hard lol.

Gonna try again in a month or so though.....Daddy wants to rip spines honey, support me!

Kusarigama

Was hoping to see it at PlayStation showcase. Never mind it's another FREAKING WHOLE 2 WEEKS AWAY! :messenger_face_steam:

It is kinda shitty on WB that they have started pre-orders without showing gameplay/in game screenshots. Anyway I ended up because it's Mortal Kombat and it's the game that got me into video gaming for good.

Last edited:

Fermbiz

Gold Member
bullshit bs GIF

MiguelItUp

Yeah, just following the format of the previous game reveals, haha. I already preordered the premium version from CDKeys, good price, couldn't pass it up. I hope the game is amazing, but lord knows the single player content will be enjoyable enough, as it always is.

Hot5pur

I'm just gonna pre order anyway. I trust the story mode will be a banger.

I tried to get the ok to preorder even though I never preorder anything......wife shot it down hard lol.

Gonna try again in a month or so though.....Daddy wants to rip spines honey, support me!

I'm always confused when people pre-order. Is this to play early access? Because people think there will not be enough physical copies? Pre-order bonuses?
Also why do it so early?

poodaddy

I'm always confused when people pre-order. Is this to play early access? Because people think there will not be enough physical copies? Pre-order bonuses?
Also why do it so early?
For what it's worth I think preordering is full blown Franks and Beans..... and there are absolutely no exceptions.

That being said, I'm Franks and Beans for Mortal Kombat, so it's one of the only franchises that I would even consider preordering for. For example, if a new Megaman X gets announced tomorrow? I'm full Franks and Beans preordering that shit like a mouth breather, with zero regrets.

We've all got our vices.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Also why do it so early?

Ive got like 70 Pounds of free microsoft reward money I need to spend before it expires, thats the only reason. I was going to get Street Fighter 6 but I'm just going to pick that up on PC instead.

acidagfc

On one hand I was super looking forward to see actual gameplay tomorrow, but on the other - more time for MGS and BB remakes (I am so high on hopium rn).

Kusarigama

I was trying to login to my WB Play account to signup for the stress test but apparently I was not putting in the right password, and on clicking forgot my password, i wouldn't even get a password reset link in my email.

It turns out WB Play (used by MKX, MK11, Injustice, Injustice 2) account is different from WB Games (used for Gotham Knights and Mortal Kombat 1) account.

So people with WB Play account you need to register again for the WB games account. Same email id works for both.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I was trying to login to my WB Play account to signup for the stress test but apparently I was not putting in the right password, and on clicking forgot my password, i wouldn't even get a password reset link in my email.

It turns out WB Play (used by MKX, MK11, Injustice, Injustice 2) account is different from WB Games (used for Gotham Knights and Mortal Kombat 1) account.

So people with WB Play account you need to register again for the WB games account. Same email id works for both.

Yep i ran into this too. I had to create a new WB account

HighPoly

Banned
Does anyone know if may I buy this game after launching??
I mean, I've heard Van Damme Skin is available for the premium pre order...
I wanna know if I could find the Van Damme Skin after launch??

Last edited:

Kusarigama

Does anyone know if may I buy this game after launching??
I mean, I've heard Van Damme Skin is available for the premium pre order...
I wanna know if I could find the Van Damme Skin after launch??
Can't say for sure. Pre-Order bonus skins like Kold war Skarlet have not been available to purchase from PSN, in-game premium store hasn't featured that skin so far.

I'm looking forward to the epic battle for fighting game of the year between SF6 and MK. The latest SF is arguably the best ever and MK has been consistently delivering the goods these past few years, imagine if they bring back Konquest Mode...

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Keighley and Boon are really whoring this game out and setting major hype.....i don't know whether to be as hyped as they are, or seeing as its Geoff were talking about, to keep my hype in check.

Either way, NRS has a ton of pressure to majorly deliver here seeing the colossal ass beating SF6 is giving to the fighting genre at the moment

Top Bottom