• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother lies about her son having cancer, accepts $25,000 in donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarLox

i don't understand how this is against the law. Seems like she just lied and accepted money. I need an episode of Law and Order to help explain things.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
i don't understand how this is against the law. Seems like she just lied and accepted money. I need an episode of Law and Order to help explain things.

How can you not see how this is illegal?

It's complete fraud.

Shadownet

Banned
As someone who is also Vietnamese. I'm quite ashamed of this woman.

And I feel sorry for her kids, who will have to grow up with this hanging over them forever. They didn't deserve this.

How do you blow $2k at Disneyland?

You never been to Disney land? just buy all your family members gifts... from their 200% markup on everything.

I'm more curious as how she fool the rest of the family. like how you convince everyone without ever them seeing a doctor, or any paperwork for medicine etc...

Does she just say I'm taking (kid) to the doctor then just take him to the park?

You never been to Disney land? just buy all your family members gifts... from their 200% markup on everything.

I'm more curious as how she fool the rest of the family. like how you convince everyone without ever them seeing a doctor, or any paperwork for medicine etc...

Does she just say I'm taking (kid) to the doctor then just take him to the park?

By staying there.

Yeah, if you go all out.

But still, if you manage your money -

Oh who am I kidding, she stole $25k.

soepje

I can understand you can convince a 6 year old he's sick. But how on earth did the father not notice something was off.

Like taking candy from a baby.

Except that baby is suffering from a body self-destructing and that candy is money that that suffering baby needs to have medication and medical services so it may have a greater chance to live post-trauma, a chance to grow up and shit, you dumb fuck.

I wonder how she feels now. Hopefully extremely guilty looking at the reality of what she has done.

GamerJM

Banned
This is absolutely dreadful.

I am no expert, but I'm curious how the investigators came to the conclusion. This is probably just me having a naive outlook on the world but it sounds like a situation where the mother could have just been horribly confused about whether or not her son had cancer, and she just wasn't paying attention to the medical reports and whatever. That might sound ridiculous but it's what came to my head when I read the OP, I don't want to believe that someone did something as terrible as what she did just for money.

NinjaBoiX

She told her own son he had a terminal illness just to scrounge a couple of grand and a trip to Disneyland? Yeah, totally worth it.

What a fucking tool.

Zeppu

Context: I live on a tiny island, part of a tiny country. The population is about 30-40k and you could almost say that everyone knows everyone else with maybe one or two degrees of separation.

There was this guy who knew everyone and whom everyone knew. He's a massive asshole but he used to do a lot of promotions for parties and events so he had a lot of 'friends'. Anyway this piece of shit started going around collecting donations for his girlfriend who had been diagnosed with breast cancer. He would go knocking door to door, collecting money which he would then pocket himself. Also his girlfriend knew nothing about this. Also she didn't have cancer. He managed to rake large sums of money before she found out, dumped him, and started telling people the whole story was untrue.

Bravocado

She told her own son he had a terminal illness just to scrounge a couple of grand and a trip to Disneyland? Yeah, totally worth it.

What a fucking tool.

This. As awful as it is that she stole money from kind people, what kind of psychological damage has she done to her son?? Not to mention the boy's father/family (unless they were in on it).

Ravek

Banned
As someone who just helped set up a crowdfunding page for nephew who is in a medically induced coma and has been trying to promote it the best I can as his 2 very young children and fiancee are struggling for money and he's lying in the hospital in a coma with no firm diagnosis and no timeline on getting better....

...she can rot in prison for the rest of her life. Fuck her, fuck her, fuck her.

How can someone be that morally bankrupt.. inexcusable.

This times over 9000.

btw, I like your avatar even though I don't really know wtf it is.

terrisus

SPRO3HQ.jpg

What a difference the differing definitions of "lies" makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom