• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies with the best and/or badass revenge sequence

Jennings

In Kick-Ass, Hit Girl has two long-sequence killing sprees that are both 10/10s, the first of which is a rescue and the second of which is revenge.

Better action sequences than John Wick, and best since Blade and first Matrix

Last edited:

EekTheKat

Death Sentence. Warning this is pretty much the end sequence of the film.

Lots of interesting shots in this sequence, and no music in the background during most of it.

IIRC this was a James Wan film coming off of all those Saw flicks. I think it bombed critically and box office wise but it was always something to watch whenever it came on HBO or Showtime.

Last edited:

Doom85

This guy isn’t even the main villain, just a piece of shit who used his authority to rape her and thinks he can get away with it. However, reality and Lisbeth soon come knocking……

Last edited:

intbal

I'm not sure "badass" would be an accurate description. But, without a doubt, the most satisfying revenge in a film was in 1993's Dream Lover.

You'll have to watch it to see.

3XDfbx0.jpg

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I Saw The Devil, if you can call most of that movie a "sequence". It's awesome, one of the best revenge movies ever.

Also one of the obvious ones:

Jadsey

De Niro slicing open Don Ciccio in Godfather 2.

But the best revenge scene in media was Scott Tenorman....'oh the tears of unfathomable sadness'

BlackTron

You've all already seen it but it was funny when John Wick didn't even let the dude finish his sentence "over a fucking dog".

Was also good when the dudes own dad was like son, you done fucked up, there's no escape, he's gonna find you and when he does, you're fucking done. He was right!

Soodanim

Try Dead Man's Shoes, a great british indie film centered around revenge, with a fantastic Paddy Considine.
Excellent pick. I got this in a box set knowing nothing about it, then my dad and I watched this about 5 times in 2 weeks. We rarely watch films, but this was excellent. Funny, too.

TonyK

It's not a movie, and I love cinema, but the epitome of revenge for me is the epilogue of Red Dead Redemption 1.

clarky

Gold Member
The whole trilogy of vengeance (Sympathy for Mister Vengeance, Old Boy and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance) by Park Chan-Wook is a must-watch!
Cool, only recently started broadening my horizons to Korean cinema and I'm loving what I've seen so far, I'll pop them on the list. cheers!

GloveSlap

Not everyone likes The Punisher (2004), but what Punisher does to Travolta through the second half of the movie is some next level ownage.

Top Bottom