• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Messenger question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Hey guys,

I've got *I think* the newest build of MSN Messenger. Once, while signing in, I accidentally clicked the button marked *remember me* or whatever. Anyway, now whenever I connect to the Net, it checks my hotmail account whether or not MSN Messenger is logged into.

How can I make the program forget my login info? I've logged into the program with another Passport account, but it still keeps my old login info.

I want to revert the program back to where I had to type my login/password to log in, and NOT have it check my Hotmail account whenever I connect to the net.

Dyne

Open it up, and go to options. I think it's under tools. You have passport options on one of the tabs.

Kon Tiki

Banned
msn.jpg

I have a MS Messeneger Question. Why is whenI set MSIE to work offline, WMP and MS Messenger also go offline? Is there a way to seperate those programs? That is fuck ass retarded.

"Why is whenI set MSIE to work offline, WMP and MS Messenger also go offline? Is there a way to seperate those programs? That is fuck ass retarded."

I don't know how to seperate them , but for WMP , goto Tools - Options , choose Connect to the Internet.

That should keep it on at all times...

DJ_Tet

Banned
None of those tools help.

When I start the program it says "Click Below To Sign In" and then has my email address.

It used to have a space for my email addy and a space for my password.

I accidentally clicked once for it to remember me, and I can't get the program to unremember me.

I'm getting dsl tomorrow so if I can't fix this I guess I'll uninstall/re-install the program but there SHOULD be an option to make it forget my login info.

I've looked for awhile for this option, and nothing said so far is the correct answer. Thanks for your help anyway though.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Thanks, I'll check that out. It didn't solve the problem of automatically being "signed in" when I start MSN, but it might solve the email problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom