• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Firefox is acting up, how do I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodcow

It'll hang upon opening sometimes as it tries to fetch the homepage, forcing me to end task it and sometimes I'll click links and it just won't load them.

I've already reinstalled, and that didn't work...

Ideas? I'm assuming something is broken, but the reinstall should've fixed it...

Are you using 1.0.1? Other than that, you're on your own, as both of those problems are common problems (I've had them both happen on prior partitions and formats), but I've never seen any true fixes. I'm guessing the code is just really picky and cluttered when you get to the root of it.

Try uninstalling, removing this directory, and then reinstalling:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla

You may want to save your bookmarks first, i think it's this file:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\emjcqyqg.default\bookmarks.html

Crispy

Try Opera.

Yes now that I use Opera I am becoming the Opera whore on this forum.....just kidding, only this once. It's a great browser though, IMO it can certainly compete with firefox.

Tarazet

1.0.1 is starting to irritate me. It keeps suddenly deciding to go into "edit" mode when I click on the screen, putting a flashing cursor on the text like the kind when you're in MS word or typing in one of these edit boxes. So when I try to scroll down with the Down key, it goes to the next line of text.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Never encountered any problems of the sort in Firefox, touch wood.

But not wanting to start another thread, and while I'm here, what's a good download extension for images that filenames go up in increments? I tried that magpie thing with its bulkster protocol thing and it didn't work. :lol

Or was I doing something wrong?

aoi tsuki

Great King Bowser said:
Never encountered any problems of the sort in Firefox, touch wood.

But not wanting to start another thread, and while I'm here, what's a good download extension for images that filenames go up in increments? I tried that magpie thing with its bulkster protocol thing and it didn't work. :lol

Or was I doing something wrong?
Try All in One gestures. There's a couple of gestures that can be used to increase or decrease the increment in an URL. i set them to up and down strokes respectively. There's also gestures to undo closing tabs and windows, which are great.

Ironically enough, my computer locked up (it's been doing that recently), and i "lost" all of my Firefox settings, and a few other open programs that normally have no problem after a crash had open files corrupted. i'm in the process of restoring things now.

And downloading Opera's not a bad idea. It's a great browser with more functionality than Firefox out-of-the-box and it's quite fast. Since i've been without my Firefox extensions, i've been using Opera off and on as a more secure and functional alternative to IE, which only sees light for Windows Update and the odd site that doesn't like any non-IE browser.

segasonic

ie_icon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom