• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My old roommate was on American Idol (vid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Brace yourself, cause it's both hilarious and frightening.

video

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
:lol

It's people like Robert who give American Idol a shred of watchability.

demi

Did that guy mean to raise a big neon sign proclaiming "LOSER!"?

I don't mean to say he's actually a well, you know, but still.

"I spend most of my time alone...singing to myself...or reading to myself... EVERYONE IS DANCING IN THE STREETS~~~"

But still, that's really hilarious, haha. He was macking on paula.

EdLuva

demi said:
Did that guy mean to raise a big neon sign proclaiming "LOSER!"?

He gave the sign.

aidolrob.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It's a joke, yeah. And he IS an old roommate. He's got this hilarious falsetto that he didn't really bust out there, but he said he did when he did "O Holy Night". But just to see the look on Gene Simmons' face when they cut to him is worth the whole thing to me :lol

And Paula...what a bitch. They kinda have this air to them like "How dare you make a mockery of this important show!" Fuck that.

demi

I don't think he was even trying, as mattie said.

I mean seriously, do you see a guy like that being the next american idol? :p

Iceman

Somewhat of a coincidence. My brother was on price is right early last december and the show just aired yesterday. He was picked as the last contestant and bid $1200 on a $1299 grill. He just missed going for a car because one of the other contestants bid $1201. My brother was pretty furious.

It was downright hilarious watching his lanky 5'11" frame with his big sideshow bob mop hair slowly making his way to the podium with his arms raised, soaking it all in.

8 hour commitment and an interview to be on the show... might as well make the most of it.

mattiewheels

demi said:
I don't think he was even trying, as mattie said.

I mean seriously, do you see a guy like that being the next american idol? :p
No, but maybe the next William Hung?

He says he's been doing radio shows from multiple states all morning. Maybe they smell a new star.

tt_deeb

:lol That's awesome. I saw that last night. There are so many prank acts this time around. Did you guys see the crunk guy? :lol CAN YOU DIG IT?! So fucking funny. Once the auditions are over the show isn't worth watching anymore.

belgurdo

Banned
Iceman said:
He just missed going for a car because one of the other contestants bid $1201.

I want to murder every tard on that show that does that, then blows their minigame and the wheel, especially when it takes them 3 hours to make the decision of which panel to pick or whatever. They waste so much time

Chittagong

Gold Member
The best part by far is

"Are you ready for us?"

"I'm ready for you, but are YOU ready for ME?"

Seems they weren't.

:lol :lol

border

If they were really serious about getting rid of American Idol pranksters, they would stop playing all the "bad" auditions.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
border said:
If they were really serious about getting rid of American Idol pranksters, they would stop playing all the "bad" auditions.
I'm sure they're smart enough to realize that people tuning in just for the prank contestants make up a serious portion of the early season ratings.

Iceman

belgurdo said:
I want to murder every tard on that show that does that, then blows their minigame and the wheel, especially when it takes them 3 hours to make the decision of which panel to pick or whatever. They waste so much time

Yup and she totally screwed up on the car. And not only that she was quickly ousted at the big spin.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
border said:

I thought they had pre-audition auditions where the moderate people are weeded out and the judges only get the really bad and good.

tt_deeb

levious said:
I thought they had pre-audition auditions where the moderate people are weeded out and the judges only get the really bad and good.

How exactly does that work? I'm curious.

border

Why do judges whine and act so indignant at the jokers? If all they need is footage of these idiots, then tape them somewhere else and don't make the real judges sit through such nonsense. It hardly seems fair to the "moderately good" singers that they get weeded out and goofballs get sent ahead.

More to the point: only taping outright retards really destroys the fun of laughing at them. If someone is trying to be bad then it's not very entertaining. Anybody can do a shitty job of singing, the humor comes when people are oblivious to it. I never liked watching the show, but the first couple episodes of the first season were entertaining because of this. In the years after that, it was pretty clear that most of the bad singers were just trying to make an ass out of themself to get on TV.

NLB2

Banned
etiolate said:
Cute.

Question: Is it just me or is the wings on the lower back tattoo a national declaration of "EASY LAY"?
Sadly, I wouldn't know :lol.

Here's another pic.
tawni03214vl.jpg

NLB2

Banned
etiolate said:
Meow. I know you got more revealing stuff!
Eh, sorry. I've got to wait until Playboy. Somebody in the dorm mentioned something about a video, but I haven't seen it.

mattiewheels

I showed this to a couple more of my friends tonight, and they thought it was pretty surreal too.

I found out something interesting from Rob, though. Apparently, he wasn't singing in front of Simon, Paula etc. He was singing for these old british judges, and they spliced in the reactions from the big guys. So I guess that answers the whole 'why would they waste their time' thing.

Socreges

Banned
mattiewheels said:
I found out something interesting from Rob, though. Apparently, he wasn't singing in front of Simon, Paula etc. He was singing for these old british judges, and they spliced in the reactions from the big guys. So I guess that answers the whole 'why would they waste their time' thing.
Ugh. Really adds to my suspicion that almost everything they say and do is orchestrated. All that drama. Like Randy and Paula walking out (saw it in a commercial!) after Simon did something 'inappropriate'.

Reality TV my fucking ass.

fart

Savant
Socreges said:
Ugh. Really adds to my suspicion that almost everything they say and do is orchestrated. All that drama. Like Randy and Paula walking out (saw it in a commercial!) after Simon did something 'inappropriate'.

Reality TV my fucking ass.
you're pretty naive.

i like the way they splice in very difficult shots from behind of the subject and the judges but aren't gutsy enough to try to put the subject in a position where he would obscure judges. i guess they aren't using a green screen type of deal, or they don't feel like they could get it clean enough with overlap.

Socreges

Banned
fart said:
you're pretty naive.
Come now, go on. How? I don't watch the show. I do as much as glance in or see the 'outrageous' clips where Simon and Paula are once again in a tiff. Everything that I've seen seems to be pushing maximum entertainment for the sake of anything remotely genuine.

tt_deeb said:
:lol That's awesome. I saw that last night. There are so many prank acts this time around. Did you guys see the crunk guy? :lol CAN YOU DIG IT?! So fucking funny. Once the auditions are over the show isn't worth watching anymore.

"Hey baby I got your money" :lol

fart

Savant
Socreges said:
Come now, go on. How? I don't watch the show. I do as much as glance in or see the 'outrageous' clips where Simon and Paula are once again in a tiff. Everything that I've seen seems to be pushing maximum entertainment for the sake of anything remotely genuine.
:lol it's a pretty naive revelation to have.

Socreges

Banned
fart said:
:lol it's a pretty naive revelation to have.
What revelation? That I didn't realize initially that the video was spliced? Far be it from me to take a video that I've seen once at face value?

If you're talking about the show in general, any revelation would be the "almost everything" since I'm only able to tell that many of the excerpts that I've seen are disengenuous.

Stop being stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom