• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(NA) DS Lite $149 White only [not confirmed]

jj984jj said:
I doubt that's complete, but I don't expect to see anymore DS games. GS4 will likely have to wait until TGS.

quite true, although GS4 was announced well before mega man XZ in Japan, so regularely you'd expect them to be announced and showcased in that order (given the reletively short dev time of each title)

One color FTL. I would've been a day one purchase, but I'll wait for red, or a darker green. Knowing them (other colors) be part of a bundle.

SuperPac

Soon as the NA version is up for preorder anywhere I am buying one. Thing is sexy as hell. I want to feel dual-screen pleasure all night long.

bluemax

Banned
Ugh I'm so conflicted, I want one but I don't know if I want one in white. And at $150? Eh...

But if it's $150 with NSMB at day one, well then eff it I'll buy one day one regardless of color.

SuperPac said:
Soon as the NA version is up for preorder anywhere I am buying one. Thing is sexy as hell. I want to feel dual-screen pleasure all night long.

OK GAF. Which handheld do you honestly think is sexier?

AniHawk

Mrbob said:
:thumbsup

This narrows the gap to 50 bux. :D

$149.99 DSlite vs $199.99 PSP FIGHT. The gap will probably stay at 50 dollars now too, because when DSLite goes to $129.99 PSP will probably drop to $179.99. $99.99 and $149.99, $79.99 and $129.99 etc. etc.

Well you still have to buy a $25 256 MB memory stick at the least.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
VultureDude said:
quite true, although GS4 was announced well before mega man XZ in Japan, so regularely you'd expect them to be announced and showcased in that order (given the reletively short dev time of each title)
But Capcom didn't give Phoenix Wright a chance here in NA so I think Capcom will save that one for a Japanese event.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Mrbob said:
:thumbsup

This narrows the gap to 50 bux. :D

$149.99 DSlite vs $199.99 PSP FIGHT. The gap will probably stay at 50 dollars now too, because when DSLite goes to $129.99 PSP will probably drop to $179.99. $99.99 and $149.99, $79.99 and $129.99 etc. etc.

If Nintendo was smart, release lite at 129.99, and drop DS down to 99.99.

VultureDude said:
but really, when you think about it, despite nintendo talking like the DS Lite will be a limited time offering (which they keep implying when they say 'both will continue to be manufactured,' much like the micro), we all know that the oroginal DS can't hold up in any way to the old one and will simply die in sales very quickly - that being said, there's no way Nintendo could essentially raise the price of the standard DS from 130 to 150 (when the Lite becomes accepted as the norm). consumers just won't by/buy it.

I don't think the Lite is a limited time offering, they didn't stop producing the original GBA after the SP came out.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
$150? Pfff. Glad I didn't sell my original yet.

sonycowboy said:
PSP is to DS as stripper is to hotgirlnextdoor.

The PSP is ultimately sexier, but it's not even worth comparing because in the end the DS is beautiful in it's own right and has a better personality and she wont steal from me when I pass out.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
$150 is what I expected, and I don't mind.

But dammit, I really prefer Black over White. My 2 Black PSPs, Black GBA SP, Black plastic armor thingy I put over my Grey DS, Black GC, Black PS2, Black XBOX, Black N64 say that much about my preference. (the white DC, grey on grey GBMicro, Grey PS1, Blue NGPC, Grey NES are the exception)

Besides, "sales rep" tells us what exactly? Nothing.

arab

Shinoobi said:

The PSP is ultimately sexier, but it's not even worth comparing because in the end the DS is beautiful in it's own right and has a better personality and she wont steal from me when I pass out.

what

Tempy said:
$150 is what I expected, and I don't mind.

But dammit, I really prefer Black over White. My 2 Black PSPs, Black GBA SP, Black plastic armor thingy I put over my Grey DS, Black GC, Black PS2, Black XBOX, Black N64 say that much about my preference. (the white DC, grey on grey GBMicro, Grey PS1, Blue NGPC, Grey NES are the exception)

Besides, "sales rep" tells us what exactly? Nothing.
yeah, i'd pay $150, just not for a white or blue lite... no black = no sale

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Shinoobi said:

Lol, I actually like this comparison. The sleek, black, wide nature of the PSP screams "sexy" while the DS Lite is the most comely of the handhelds.

I love the DS lite and I think it's absolutely gorgeous and by far the better designed device, but I still consider it less fragile and I don't feel strange taking it out of the house. In other words, I still consider it a toy of sorts. The PSP is like....like a device. So...PSP...sexy...DS...beautiful.

Memles

If the exchange rate actually comes out at around $180 Canadian (Which is still slightly above what the actual exchange is, but 20% higher is acceptable for me) I am likely going to be extremely tempted. I am REALLY hoping to get my mother hooked on Brain Age and Sudoku this summer and then pass it off as a Mother's Day gift to give her my old DS. It's a long shot, admittedly, but I really want the Lite. Mind you, I will likely be making enough money this summer to justify the purchase of the system outright, but if I can pawn off the old one to my parents they'll give me less dirty looks.

Of course, this information is like the anti-confirmed, and we're only accepting it as truth because it makes a whole lot of sense. It could well come in cheaper. Personally, I think that they'll place the Brick at $129 with game and have the Lite at $149 w/o game. Still, I'd like to see a NSMB/Lite bundle, I'd jump all over that.

sonycowboy said:

I like this sexy pic taken by GAF member Chittagong:

img28612vc.jpg

Emotions

Hopefully they release the Enamel color as well otherwise i'm gonna be forced to get the white one out of desperation for a DSL..

Mashing

I doubt Sony would go to $99 for the PSP until the PSP2 was out and was making bank. Just look at the PS2 for an example. There's no financial reason why the PS2 couldn't be $99. I can't stand piddly ass $30 price drops. I spend that much on dinner sometimes.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
To everyone complaining that there will
(may?)
be only one color at launch: Does it matter that much? Honestly. No one complains about the lack of colors for Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn or Atari 2600.

Let alone the PSP.

It's not like the white DS Lite looks like ass, after all. Just buy it and love it.

neptunes

supposed European packaging

w0g5u1.jpg

with a possible release in June to co-incide with new nintendogs and Brain-Age

So I'm guessing a May NA launch is possible.

Burgundy

Danthrax said:
To everyone complaining that there will
(may?)
be only one color at launch: Does it matter that much? Honestly. No one complains about the lack of colors for Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn or Atari 2600.

Let alone the PSP.

It's not like the white DS Lite looks like ass, after all. Just buy it and love it.

I think it's more that people have seen the other colors already and that Japan get's a choice early. I wanted to wait for the micro to be released in the US but I ended up getting a blue Japanese one once I found out there wasn't going to be a blue one in the US. It's just a matter of preference if it's out there. If they never showed any other colors, no one would care.

It's not a big deal... but choice is fun when you have it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It launching in only white would make sense, after all that's the colour with the most shortages in Japan (because of stockpiling for NA/EU launches?).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Fuzzy said:
It launching in only white would make sense, after all that's the colour with the most shortages in Japan (because of stockpiling for NA/EU launches?).
Or it's the most popular?

ViDnEz

neptunes said:

w0g5u1.jpg

So I'm guessing a May NA launch is possible.

Maybe New Super Mario Bros?

Spike

Reggie did say they would charge a premium for the DSLite on that Game Head episode.

Still, $20 isn't too bad, considering the article a few weeks back focusing on the changes made to the hardware manufacturing.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
What I'd like to know is, will Gamestop keep buying the old DS for $50, or should I just sell it now?

123rl

White DSL looks much nicer anyway :D $150 isn't too bad. I don't know why people complain about prices in America. They're at least 50% cheaper than European prices yet you still complain about it.

Xrenity

neptunes said:

http://i3.tinypic.com/w0g5u1.jpg[/IG]

So I'm guessing a May NA launch is possible.[/QUOTE]
They need a smaller box :\
Didn't expect any lower than $150

Top Bottom