• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Removes Project X Zone from 3DS eShop - CANNOT REDOWNLOAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingWool

Banned
If you bought this game, like I have, you better hope something never happens to your system. The game has been entirely removed from the eShop and if you own the game, you're unable to re-download it.

Short and sweet thread, but thought those that might own or want this game to know.

edit: This is for NA. Not sure of other regions.
Edit: Seems you can re-download...wew, and lock the thread, other thread already created :)

http://nintendoeverything.com/original-project-x-zone-removed-from-the-3ds-eshop/

I doubt the world will stop spinning but I think there should be some form of reemburstment if games stop you from redownloading a purchase.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Digital futureeeee

Worse, even, the original is $30 more on Amazon than the sequel.

I guess I'd better remember to never delete this if I run out of space, then!

I wish there was legislation in place to prevent this kind of thing, though. :/

Rich!

Deplorable. But as always, homebrew to the rescue again.

Install homebrew, use uncart to dump and preserve all of your games both physical and digital. Publisher wants to be a dick and remove something you rightfully paid for and own? Fuck them, you now have a backup forever.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
If you needed a good reason why to keep buying physical media vs digital media, this is a pretty damn good reason.

Has this happened with other 3DS games before?

EDIT: Oh good, you can redownload.

Licensing issues? Those that bought it should atleast have access to it though. Glad I stick to Physical copies whenever possible. Sucks for those that purchased it digitally and can no longer download it.

Deplorable. But as always, homebrew to the rescue again.

Install homebrew, use uncart to dump and preserve all of your games both physical and digital. Publisher wants to be a dick and remove something you rightfully paid for and own? Fuck them, you now have a backup forever.

Would it not be possible to ask for a refund for purchased titles removed and not able to redownload? (And I mean marketplaces in general, not just eShop)

Says "Not available" on the button which would start the download

EU here

edit I have it installed thoigh, maybe it changes when it's gone

not gonna try though

In the NA eshop, on the screen with the button it says downloaded if you already have it. It won't let you try to download something you already have on your system.

NolbertoS

As a physical only user, I'm kinda glad that I own this in physical. Sucks for future users that can't buy it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom