• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natalie Portman possibly in the movie of V for Vendetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

http://www.dc-on-film.com/general/index.php?entity=dcof

We've heard that Natalie Portman has done a deal for V For Vendetta. The film is an adaptation of Alan Moore's 1988 totalitarian classic. The Wachowskis have scripted and will produce, and James McTeigue is directing -- he was first assistant director on the Matrix Sequels and on Star Wars Episodes II & III. Joel Silver is producing.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen did...

B'z-chan

Banned
Ignatz Mouse said:
Could this be the first decent adaptation of an Alan Moore work?

...doubtful.

I'll stay in this boat till the movie comes out.

Mana where is that scene from in your avatar? I dont remember seeing that in any Star Wars movie.

Lakitu

st5fu
The Wachowki Brothers do have some good work under their belt, that being Bound and The Matrix, and I loved their scripts of Plastic Man and Carnivore. I tend to ignore The Matrix sequels, glad to see them doing something now.

8bit

Knows the Score
Meh.
I felt V for Vendetta was ruined when it was coloured, although I can't wait to see how tangentially different from the original this is.

Gorey

Cyan said:

Exactly.

Edit: I can see Portman working as the girl apprentice character to V. A bit of a stretch, but doable. I really hope they don't screw around with the plot/setting too much...

MASB

I wonder if the project will be stuck in development hell like another Joel Silver comic book movie, Adrenalyn. I don't guess that one will ever see the light of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom