• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Live 16: Oklahoma Thunder's Russell Westbrook is cover star

UZ6SZhw.jpg

First gameplay at EA's E3 press conference next week.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) revealed Russell Westbrook as the cover athlete for NBA LIVE 16. Westbrook, the Oklahoma City Thunder point guard, is a decorated NBA star and one of the most versatile and explosive players in the league, demonstrated by his 11 triple-doubles this season, seven more than the next closest player. Westbrook is a four-time All-Star, and was named the 2015 All-Star Game MVP. He was also the NBA Scoring Champion after the 2014 season, and has won two gold medals as part of the US National Team, once during the 2010 FIBA World Championship and again in the 2012 Olympics.

"Russell Westbrook is a player who can do it all, and we can't imagine a better fit for the cover of NBA LIVE 16," said EA SPORTS VP of Marketing Anthony Stevenson. "NBA LIVE 16 is all about self-expression, and who better embodies that than Westbrook, both on and off the court? Russell plays every game like he has something to prove. Our team is building NBA LIVE the exact same way, so we're thrilled to have him as an ambassador for our game."

EA SPORTS will announce the first gameplay details of NBA LIVE 16 next week at E3, and fans are encouraged to tune into the official EA press briefing on Monday, June 15 at 1:00pm PT for live announcements regarding this year's game. Show attendees will also be able to stop by the EA booth to get their hands on NBA LIVE 16 for themselves for the very first time.

Xater

Russell plays every game like he has something to prove. Our team is building NBA LIVE the exact same way

Well let's be honest you have a lot to prove. You still need to make one decent game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh, look, a niche game by EA! How nice of them.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Russ is awesome.

And with 2K16 losing focus and becoming a Spike Lee Joint... all EA has to do is get the core game right this year.

ViciousDS

Banned
Well let's be honest you have a lot to prove. You still need to make one decent game.

aw come on.....nba live 15 was leaps and bounds above 14 and actually allowed me to enjoy a Live title for fun in a long, long time. I'm really excited to see what they bring this year, because if they keep improving in huge leaps like they have compared to 2K who is just riding that money trail.........we are going to see real competition again in the basketball space!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Last year's game was decent. Actually after the gameplay patch, it got good. Not saying great, but it was good after the patch. I played alot of it and there are alot of things done right, hopefully they build upon that to make a great game. Even as it was, I really enjoyed last year's game.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Russ is awesome.

And with 2K16 losing focus and becoming a Spike Lee Joint... all EA has to do is get the core game right this year.

They've done nothing to make me think they'll get it right, but yea I'm disappointed in the way 2k has gone recently too and will probably skip 2k for the first time this year since the dreamcast original.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Russ is awesome.

Kind of disagree with this. They need to get the core game right but they really need to put more around the game. Its still really bare bones.

They shouldn't be copying 2K but they should be taking some pages out of other EA games and other sports games and adding in more features.

Either way the series took a step in the right direction last season. Although it was kind of hard not to considering how awful it was the year before that.

aw come on.....nba live 15 was leaps and bounds above 14 and actually allowed me to enjoy a Live title for fun in a long, long time. I'm really excited to see what they bring this year, because if they keep improving in huge leaps like they have compared to 2K who is just riding that money trail.........we are going to see real competition again in the basketball space!

It doesn't feel right though. It feels like I'm controlling robots. I tried to get into it but honestly even the shooting feels off, like there is only up and down if that makes sense?

Into

They keep picking players who cannot even make it to the playoffs, first Kyrie during those glorious Dion-inspired shit years in Cleveland and now Russ. Symbolizes the series well

At least D Will made it to the playoffs, him and his drawn on facial hair

Falchion

Cool box art. I don't like how 2K keeps coping out and putting 3 stars on theirs instead of just picking one.

Game is looking the goods. Said it last year, best player models in sports game history. Textures and lighting are improved again this year, looking brilliant.

nbalive16_russell_westbrook2.png

nbalive16_jimmy_butler.png

h1nch

I gotta say the animation system looks really good compared to past attempts. The off-ball movement in particular looks great.

But as someone else pointed out, the colors of the uniform seem off. The Warriors blue looks washed out. I remember Madden randomly went through this same issue a few times. One year the jerseys just look washed out and terrible, next year fixed. I'm guessing it's a side effect of whatever lighting system they're using.

DiddyBop

Yea I hope this plays well. Still too much focus on graphics they need to make sure the core gameplay is solid and simulates basketball as closely as possible. 2K is in dire need of competition

Top Bottom