• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBCUniversal Announces Streaming Service ‘Peacock’

bitbydeath

Yes, Peacock.

Comcast has announced ‘Peacock’, the NBCUniversal streaming service which is set to launch April 2020 and will boast more than 15,000 hours of content from their film and TV vaults.

The service will launch with both advertising and subscription supported models with details on pricing and distribution closer to release.

Along with “The Office” which its taking back from Netflix in 2021, Peacock will also be the exclusive streaming home of “Parks and Recreation” along with “30 Rock,” “Bates Motel,” “Battlestar Gallactica,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” “Cheers,” “Chrisley Knows Best,” “Covert Affairs,” “Downton Abbey,” “Everyone Loves Raymond,” “Frasier,” “Friday Night Lights,” “House,” “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” “King Of Queens,” “Married…With Children,””Monk,” “Parenthood,” “Psych,” “Royal Pains,” “Saturday Night Live,” “Superstore,” “The Real Housewives,” “Top Chef,” and “Will & Grace.”

Also available will be classic films from the Universal Pictures and Focus Features libraries will be available including the “Fast and Furious,” “Bourne” and “Back to the Future” franchises.

Nothing I’d miss TBH.

Bwesh

Wasn't House on Fox? I really liked Psych though. No Burn Notice but at least they'll have that one.

GymWolf

maxresdefault.jpg

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Just what we need, another streaming service. We needed this shit as much as we needed a new launcher for PC games, yeah I'm lookin at you Rockstar.

ManaByte

This launched today.

There's a free tier.

They have this awesome feature called Channels which are 24 hour streams. There's a SNL channel that just streams random SNL skits. There was an 80s mixtape that ran old 80s shows like Hunter. It's actually pretty awesome.

SinDelta

So streaming is becoming the old cable package. Hundreds of cable stations, now we are looking at the same with all of these streaming channels platforms.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

So streaming is becoming the old cable package. Hundreds of cable stations, now we are looking at the same with all of these streaming channels platforms.

Yup. I figured it would end up this way. With enough subscriptions folks will then be paying as much as they were when they had a cable bill, if not more.

Top Bottom