• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Heat Official Gameplay Trailer

Mista

Banned

Publisher Electronic Arts and developer Ghost Games debuted the first gameplay trailer for the recently announced Need for Speed: Heat during the Gamescom 2019 Opening Night Live show.

Electronic Arts also released the Need for Speed: Heat Studio Mobile App, which lets you customize your car for the game now and import them into the game when it launches.

Here is an overview of the game, via Electronic Arts:
Need for Speed: Heat sends fans to Palm City, a brand-new open world where street racers have gathered to make their names known. By day, players compete in the Speedhunters Showdown, a sanctioned competition where they earn Bank to customize and upgrade their garage of high-performance cars. At night, players risk it all to build their Rep in underground races where a rogue police task force roams the streets, ready to take racers down and swipe all their earnings. The roads, the risks, and the rides never end in this street racer where a player can roll deep with their crew, build their garage full of hot cars, and make the city their nonstop playground.
Gematsu

Last edited:

rubhen925

Graphics looks great but at the cost of performance. The game even in the trailer wasn't holding subs par 30 fps. Not sure how it'll do when the game launches. Let's wait and see. Payback had loot crates designed into the game and padded the leveling system, if this game does that, I'm just going to not bother touching it.

Larxia

Meh... I don't know what to think about NFS games anymore, most of the times I like the idea but there's always dumb stuff ruining it, like how NFS 2015 had terrible multiplayer and how the single player difficulty was ridiculously easy, no challenge at all, you could stop and wait 30 seconds for opponents to catch you back, it was terrible. But I really liked the atmosphere and the gameplay, it's always like that, there's some good stuff, and some terrible stuff ruining it.

I also think NFS 2015 somehow looked way better than this.

Petrae

30FPS is a dealbreaker for me... not that anything else in this trailer was all that appealing. I like how there’s admission that Ghost Games and EA screwed the pooch with Payback by talking about what was done differently here versus that game.

I dunno if it’s been long enough since the Payback disaster to renew all of the goodwill for Need For Speed that’s been lost since Ghost Games took the wheel. Aside from the Fast & Furious wannabes that might still exist, I don’t know who this is supposed to appeal to.

Publisher Electronic Arts and developer Ghost Games debuted the first gameplay trailer for the recently announced Need for Speed: Heat during the Gamescom 2019 Opening Night Live show.

Electronic Arts also released the Need for Speed: Heat Studio Mobile App, which lets you customize your car for the game now and import them into the game when it launches.

Here is an overview of the game, via Electronic Arts:

Gematsu

I like it
They should stop making every street always wet for the sake of graphical impact tho, this was impressive two gens ago, but now maybe is only a performance slow down, and not so impressive anymore
Also makes no sense, 24h wet street with no rain?
Anyway, I'm finally interested again in a NFS game after years

Last edited:
Looks great but they need a big modification to core gameplay to bring excitement again.

Some ideas
*Destructible environments
* Different city type like Japan
* Motorcycles
*Real time weather
*route creator
*Get rid of any cheesy story
*Wreckfest level car deformation

Petrae

All I got from this was 'Yo yo yo, it's your boi, brrrp brrp init bruv' with added Transformer noises.

I think it will be shit.

It’s definitely for the Fast & Furious crowd, much like the NFS Underground games were— except almost to an exaggerated degree here. It’s the “How do you do, fellow kids?” of street racing games, based on the trailer.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks like a mix of Pro Street and Underground.
I like the fact there are crowds at the races.
Kinda like Underground had. Recent games the streets was empty and was just you and the other racers
Still it's missing one important thing
tumblr_pd1mf2A16H1wzvt9qo4_500.gif

Last edited:

GustavoLT

am i going to need to drift every corner to win a race? that´s baaaadddddddd!!! drifting is the worse feature in racing games ever!!!!

The customization looks ace! I just hope they don't try to put any kind of story or loads of cutscenes there like they did last time.

Top Bottom