• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need Help Setting Up Open DNS

SOLDIER

I'm trying to block LG updates for my TV, since there's an ongoing kerfuffle going on with their latest update (you can read about that here). The working solution, according to some, is to set up an Open DNS with your router/modem and block LG's addresses.

I tried to follow some of the instructions posted in that thread, but I have yet to figure out how to get Open DNS working. I tried following the instructions in this site as it pertains to my router, but the test site says I didn't set it up correctly (plus I keep getting the update notifications on my TV).

I made an account with that Open DNS website too, which includes an Open DNS Updater software, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. If someone here can help me out to set this up properly, I'd appreciate it.

I would also post screenshots of my current configurations, but first I want to make sure what information I can safely share and what I can't before I do so.

surrogate

Did you apply settings/reboot your router after changing the DNS addresses? The DNS updater gets installed on your PC. It updates your OpenDNS account when you IP address changes.

SOLDIER

Did you apply settings/reboot your router after changing the DNS addresses? The DNS updater gets installed on your PC. It updates your OpenDNS account when you IP address changes.

I hit apply on the Router page as well as reboot my PC, cleared Firefox's cache, and also unplugged/replugged my router and modem. Not sure what else I might have missed.

Top Bottom