• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett's Good Omens to be adapted for TV (Amazon & BBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

berzeli

Banned
BBC Studios, the BBC’s main TV production arm, will be the production partner for a major new Amazon and BBC commissioned series Good Omens, a six-part comedy series based on the acclaimed novel of the same name by Neil Gaiman (American Gods) and Terry Pratchett (Colour Of Magic).

Set to broadcast in 2018 on Amazon Prime Video and the BBC, Good Omens is written by Gaiman, who will also serve as Showrunner. BBC Studios is co-producing the series with Narrativia and The Blank Corporation and in association with BBC Worldwide, who have licensed the global SVOD rights to Amazon. Good Omens will broadcast on the BBC in the UK, following its premiere on Prime Video.

Neil Gaiman, writer, says: “Almost 30 years ago Terry Pratchett and I wrote the funniest novel we could about the end of the world, populated with angels and demons, not to mention an 11 year-old Antichrist, witch-finders and the four horsepeople of the Apocalypse. It became many people's favourite book. Three decades later, it's going to make it to the screen. I can't think of anyone we'd rather make it with than BBC Studios, and I just wish Sir Terry was alive to see it.”
link

I love the book so I hope the show ends up just as good.

mclem

Well Good Omens should be better suit for BBC budget than any of Discworld series.

There was a radio adaptation fairly recently, actually.:

On 5 September 2014, it was confirmed that the BBC would produce a radio adaptation of the novel, to be broadcast on BBC Radio 4, starting 22 December of that year. Mark Heap and Peter Serafinowicz led the cast, which also included Louise Brealey, Phil Davis, Mark Benton, Colin Morgan, Paterson Joseph, Josie Lawrence, Jim Norton, Adam Thomas Wright and Hollie Burgess. Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett had cameo roles as a pair of traffic cops called "Neil" and "Terry".

Hopefully they can get a similar-quality cast!

Lee

Isn't American Gods airing pretty soon? April right? I figured there would be more marketing for that.

pashmilla

Banned
LOUD SQUEALING

Good Omens is my favourite book of all time. OF ALL TIME!

On the other hand I'm gonna be soooo picky if the casting choices don't match up to my mental images of the characters lol.

Damn, I haven't read Good Omens since I was in high school. But I loved it back then. I'll have to do a re-read before the series starts up.

Kaladin

Lots of Gaiman getting to be filmed.

When is Tim Burton going to get off his ass and do a film version of Ocean At The End of The Lane?

marrec

Banned
I weirdly have more copies of Good Omens than any other book...

I'm glad Gaiman is elbow deep in the production, it's just a shame Pratchett isn't around anymore to see the project to fruition. *sad sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom