• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NETFLIX: Bird Box: Barcelona | Announcement Trailer (Bird Box 2)

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

First one was a fune ride, will watch. Rumored to have a much bigger budget this time around

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member

First one was a fune ride, will watch. Rumored to have a much bigger budget this time around

A bigger budget for.....what exactly? More unseen threats? That was the genius of BB, you couldn't show the threat and that made it SO MUCH WORSE. A sequel will undoubtedly try to explain/show things more and that would only ruin it.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
A bigger budget for.....what exactly? More unseen threats? That was the genius of BB, you couldn't show the threat and that made it SO MUCH WORSE. A sequel will undoubtedly try to explain/show things more and that would only ruin it.
I agree. But maybe bigger set pieces, stuff like the intro in the last movie. I will never complain about a bigger budget for any film. if they use it wisely it will always be a good thing

edit: could be used for marketing who knows

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I can't think of a horror movie that needed a sequel less, but I can't knock Netflix for trying to franchise this thing internationally.

CGNoire

Yep. This shit always ruins everything. Exspecially horror.

SJRB

Gold Member

Those crude sketches of the entities in the first movie were super cool and really clever. As always, the things you don't see are most scary of all.

Bigger budget could however also be used towards more grandiose scenes of chaos and destruction.

The attack of the giant:
Face Smush GIF by AFV Babies

In the sequel novel titled Mallory,
Mallory's two children, Tom, and Olympia, figure out a solution to dealing with the creatures. Olympia is one of the people that can see the creatures without killing herself, and they work together and created some kind of crazy two way mirror prism glasses that can negate the creatures weirdness and filter them into something that doesn't cause you to kill yourself. It's a prism two way mirror that reflects the creature back on to its self

Last edited:
Top Bottom